Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: *BEWARE* josiahcecil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-28-2013, 11:47 PM)Maverick06 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just refund him his subscription money and protect the honest traders of the site instead of allowing him access simply because your afraid of a frivolous lawsuit which im sure wouldnt hold up in court when you showed the judge this guys illegal track record of ripping people off? You cant be telling the honest members of the site you would rather allow this guy the ability to steal and defraud people of their hard earned money and property than be threatened with legal action
As I said, "I think..." I do not know the situation myself, and I am just a moderator for the Boards. I feel the same way as you do, but I cannot make the decisions for this situation beyond Josiah being banned. I am also a Canadian, and I can tell you that I have no idea the implications of American Law. I just hope that we no longer see him, and that he will put everything straight. People like this are a curse on our great hobby, and I do wish that there was a better way to screen them.

Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi
(10-28-2013, 11:47 PM)Maverick06 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just refund him his subscription money and protect the honest traders of the site instead of allowing him access simply because your afraid of a frivolous lawsuit which im sure wouldnt hold up in court when you showed the judge this guys illegal track record of ripping people off? You cant be telling the honest members of the site you would rather allow this guy the ability to steal and defraud people of their hard earned money and property than be threatened with legal action
it doesnt work like that, and frankly, i think you know that

you can ban him from the boards, but you cant ban him from his own opg and org. his name should have had a "banned" attached to it, and if you trade with someone with that handle...that's on you, not beckett. if his name didnt have a line through it, beckett should figure out why

but legally, beckett has no involvement in the trade and is not liable to either party in a trade (this is also why legally minors arent allowed to trade on the boards)
he is banned and his trading system has been shut down
Pages: 1 2