Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Fantasy Hockey help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day all.

So my first pick, 7th overall was King Henrik. With his recent struggles I've been offered a trade.

Would you trade Henrik Lundqvist for Semyon Varlamov and Anze Kopitar (or Eric Staal, whichever I prefer the proposer said)??

I know Varly can't keep up a 1.00 GAA and .970 SV% all year but I think he will be way better than last year. I mean ya gotta be when one of the best goalies ever is your head coach right? And I could use the extra support in goals that I think Staal could help with but idk.....

Help!
That's hard to say. Staal is off to a slow start. I do not think that Varlamov will keep this up. Personally I would not do the trade. I have Lundqvist on one of my teams and that would be the last thing I would do is trade him off. The Rangers will get going. Remember, every game for them so far has been on the road. They do not do their home opener for at least another week.
Yeah, unless you have another really solid goalie behind Lundqvist or are really desperate for goals I would keep Lundy. He is the most reliable goalie in the league and will get going soon. I think in this case patients will pay off.
It depends who you other goalies are as mentioned above.
Halak, Holtby and Hiller. Holtby has been a killer to in the early going, and just picked up Hiller today off of waivers. Halak obviously has been the only good one so far.

Guess the smart thing to do is wait it out and have a main 1-2 tandem of Lundy and Halak.
you got 4 goalies??
Right now yea. Usually only 3 but picked up Hiller because he's been hot and a tad ahead of Fasth it looks like for playing time. With the 2 I have doing so bad so far I had to do something.
lol, I got hiller and fasath, and brobroski(sp?)