Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Flawless?!?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was in my card shop yesterday, and the owner started telling me about a 1300 dollar product coming from panini. Apparently, he had to order this week, and they hadn't even sent him a sales sheet for it! He did order a box when he found out preorders were already going for 1500, but it just seems like a crazy price for a box of cards!

Now, I know we all said that about Exquisite as well, but with such an Amazing rookie class in 03-04 it seemed worth it to me. I don't follow much college/d league/hs ball, but I highly doubt it's another class like that!

What are your opinions guys?
Not for this year's class. It is one of the worst draft class according to scouts. I read next year's class is going be great.
Another thing I just thought of...are lebron and mj still exclusive to UD? Wouldn't that mean in a 1300+ pack product of nba cards you would have zero autos of two of the best players to play the game?
Panini is supposed to be showing a look at Flawless sometime this week, which im just guessing will have one or two surprises in it. They showed the first cards a month or so ago on their blog and they look pretty good but no way as of right now would I spend 1500 on a box of this. I will most likely pick up a single or 2(fingers crossed they arent too expensive).

By the way, I think Immaculate will be the better than Flawless.
(10-02-2013, 11:25 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]Panini is supposed to be showing a look at Flawless sometime this week, which im just guessing will have one or two surprises in it. They showed the first cards a month or so ago on their blog and they look pretty good but no way as of right now would I spend 1500 on a box of this. I will most likely pick up a single or 2(fingers crossed they arent too expensive).

By the way, I think Immaculate will be the better than Flawless.
I think they went with flawless because the cards are "diamond coated" and there will be redemptions for cards with actual diamonds in them...hence flawless like a diamond
Basketball cards don't need gimmicks.

If I wanted diamonds or gold, I would go to a jewelry store.

I've seen pics of the preview cards and the player's I saw should not be in a $1,250-$1,500 product. Panini and it's """Flaws(less)""", a match made in the bottomless pit of everlasting fire and brimstone.

The Panini Tyranny Era continues to depress me as a basketball card collector..
Flawless is going to be a 2012-13 Product so the Rookies will be from the double draft class. In every box you will find like 10 cards I think including a base card or a parallel of a base card with either a Diamond or Emerald embedded in it, and they will be #ed no higher than /20. There is supposed to be another announcement soon and some people speculate that its going to be Panini got a big name to sign. But it already has on card Lillard autos and probably the nicest Shaq Patch/on card autos ever made imo. I think the diamonds and emeralds are kind of a stupid idea but some of these cards look amazing I think and I'm hoping the announcement will be they got Duncan to sign. Some people say Lebron or Jordan but I think we all know that is not going to happen.
Its a gimmick I'm not really into...or am I...my wife wants diamonds??? Buy her a few flawless singles, win win Smile
lol, tell me ya didn't sell out, Timmy!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather it be Sir Charles so I can finally afford one of his autos. Although it wouldn't be an Autographics, I can live with that at this point.

I should've picked one up YEARS ago, I would've saved hundreds... *sigh*
(10-02-2013, 07:57 PM)vgqv Wrote: [ -> ]lol, tell me ya didn't sell out, Timmy!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather it be Sir Charles so I can finally afford one of his autos. Although it wouldn't be an Autographics, I can live with that at this point.

I should've picked one up YEARS ago, I would've saved hundreds... *sigh*
I didn't even think about that, Barkley would be an amazing addition. Although I don't think his autos would be much cheaper.... could you imagine some Barkley Patch autos....... with some sick 76ers patches.... or Pheonix.

Lol I wouldn't say I sold out, but I collect Tristan Thompson and Panini is the only company producing his cards. I have loads of complaints about Panini, but I'm sure I'd have complaints about any company in Paninis position. I try not to worry about all that stuff, it makes it a lot easier when you only buy singles and don't really bust wax. If I was spending thousands of dollars opening this stuff I would probably have a lot more complaints lol.
Pages: 1 2