Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Quick National Treasures question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm mainly a baseball collector. For other sports, I look to pick up some cards of Boston College alums. For basketball, I've been collecting Reggie Jackson on the Thunder. His cards have been fairly cheap so I was surprised to see his NT RPA /99s sell for $125+ consistently.

Is the simple answer to these prices the power of NT as a brand?? Would it be safe to say it's THE product for hoops?

NT is fairly new for baseball - it was well received but I think it has limited upside due to the non license issue.

Any thoughts appreciated - thanks.

PS - I finally decided to cave and bought one of the Reggies for a little under $120 DLVD. Can't wait to get it in hand.
Hey, I think I can help with this question. As far as basketball goes, National Treasures is one of the biggest products, and the RCs from NT are considered "THE" RCs for that draft class. However Panini is releasing two new Products that are high end. Flawless I believe is going to be one of the Biggest/Most expensive release ever from Panini. So it may replace NT and bring NTs value down.

Hope that helps, and congrats on the Jackson RPA, post scans when you get it!
I thought panini had the basketball license? I know NT has been in football for a while and has been one of the big sellers for football rookies.