Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1929-30 Exhibit "Post Cards" (4 of a team to ea. 'Card')
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These 'Baseball Post Cards' are distributed for 0ne Cent when weighing yourself. Some Weight Machine Salesman put together an Poster Ad by pasting 20+ Cards to very thin posterboard to place above the Scale Placement.
My younger Brother bought this Poster for me at a weekly 4-Square-Block Flea Market in Tulsa 10 yrs. ago ---> for $20. Since then I have sold off the 'Ad' part & some cut out cards for well over $275.00. It's late here in Southeast Kansas & I have been very sick w/"Guillain-Barre Syndrome" for exactly 3 yrs this week. Six mos., in 3 hospitals & 19 mos. in 2 Rest Homes - & I just don't have the Avid Interest & Concentration it takes to manage a modest 67,000 Card collection.
So I will post the team w/it's 4 Players from same tomorrow & pics of same card(s) hopefully by the weekend. I am liquidating my collection by selling 5%; Keeping 5%; and giving the remaining 90% away in a manner I have not yet decided upon. Open to Philanthropic Suggestions...