Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How about a new MLB rule?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since ARod is continuing to pad his stats while delaying the inevitable suspension, I think that every pitcher who ever gave up a hit, run or rbi to him in the past should have the right to plunk him one time. Because of ARod, their win total may be a bit lower or their ERA a bit higher than it would've been otherwise. They shouldn't be allowed to plunk him in the head and if they plunk him more than once then perhaps that pitcher should have a short suspension of their own to serve.
that assumes the pitchers werent on roids. just as many pitchers used peds as hitters
Actually the players union and the players agreed that a player that is appealing a suspension should be allowed to play until such time as that suspension is overruled/rejected/ enforced or whatever. The Players Union rep should hold a press conference and remind EVERYONE about this. Any pitcher that intentionally throws at A-rod again should be suspended ... And for more than 5 games. That was a joke. Even David Ortiz agrees that what Dumpster did was reprehensible. Whatever your personal feelings are, the facts are that a butt load of players were on the juice and the commissioner turned a blind eye to the situation for a long time. EVERY accused player has a right to appeal and play until the players vote to amend that practice. Right or wrong, every accused player has rights, and that shouldn't be overruled by a chicken- poop pitcher in the American League that will never stand in the batters box against their opponents. If you're a "head hunter" and want to "voice" your displeasure, you should have to dodge a few arrows yourself ... And I don't even like A-Rod!
um, david ortiz didnt like it because it cost them the game, not because it was reprehensible

youll notice that none of arod's teammates came out to defend him. hell, ortiz is friends with a bunch of yankees - they might have given ortiz money to give to dempster

and make this clear: arod wasnt plunked for cheating. he was plunked for not accepting his punishment as every other player did, and for being a rat. he threw his OWN TEAMMATE under the bus so he didnt look as bad

honestly, i hope someone goes spikes high into third base
(08-26-2013, 09:52 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]um, david ortiz didnt like it because it cost them the game, not because it was reprehensible
youll notice that none of arod's teammates came out to defend him. hell, ortiz is friends with a bunch of yankees - they might have given ortiz money to give to dempster
and make this clear: arod wasnt plunked for cheating. he was plunked for not accepting his punishment as every other player did, and for being a rat. he threw his OWN TEAMMATE under the bus so he didnt look as bad
honestly, i hope someone goes spikes high into third base
Who knows what was done behind closed doors, But Girardi sure did protest ... I've never seen him lose it like that before. I have no problem with a little chin music now and again, part of the game, done under the right circumstances (and in the NLSmile )... But honestly, the first pitch behind his knee was a message and Dumpster should have been warned at that point, not 3 pitches into the count. As far as Ortiz goes, the sound bite that I heard made it seem that he was siding with ARod. Maybe we heard different, maybe interpreted differently ... who knows? BUT, I stand by my original posting ... the terms that A-ROID is playing under are terms that the players union agree with and Dempster can 'voice' his opinion all he wants ... but should be punished accordingly.
If the Red Sox miss the playoffs by 1 game, I hope Ortiz hits Dempster with a line drive to the junk! Smile
And I'm sure if ARod were given a 50 game suspension, we wouldn't be discussing this whole mess. I've been wondering why 211?
Heck, I'm in favor of lifetime bans if caught cheating, but everyone should be treated equally and all cases should be proven with blood, urine, hair analysis screening on a weekly basis.
Furthermore, the players' union needs to make changes to their appeal rules if the players don't like a player playing during an appeal. But that rule protect them all, doesn't it? So they shouldn't be all that annoyed.
aroid is being treated "differently" for trying to buy and bury evidence, because this isnt the first time he has been caught, because he is obstructing justice
(08-26-2013, 02:17 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]aroid is being treated "differently" for trying to buy and bury evidence, because this isnt the first time he has been caught, because he is obstructing justice
When was he caught before?

Anyway, I don't have the time (or the patience) to play lawyer for ARod, nor is he paying me to defend him Smile All I can say is what I've been arguing all along, and that would be for any ballplayer in the same situation ... a price should not be on his head if he's following Players' Union rules. I still think that Dempster was let off the hook very easily, which tells everyone what they (MLB) really think about ARod, but purposely throwing to injure players can be a very dangerous precedence to be set. It's dangerous enough just stepping into the batters box. Heyward has a broken jaw from an unintentional pitch, for example.

he has admitted to anabolic steroid use ("but only during my years with the rangers"). admitted the same time any pettitte admitted to using HGH
(08-26-2013, 03:08 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]When was he caught before?

Anyway, I don't have the time (or the patience) to play lawyer for ARod, nor is he paying me to defend him Smile All I can say is what I've been arguing all along, and that would be for any ballplayer in the same situation
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3894847

theres the story from '09 and i think him and braun are kinda viewed in a different light, Braun because he was such a d'bag about how he was framed and blah blah. and A-rod because when he was "caught" he was adimit he had never took them(i believe it came up because someone leaked a test from like '03 of all MLB that was suppose to just see how many were using not to call anyone out and names werent suppose to be kept or some bs) then i think he tested positive again and thats when it became a whole ordeal.

to be honest I dont care either way,i think the yankees are going to get out of a huge mistake i.e. his contract. which i think is bull - for a team that has spent the better part of my life throwing money at talented players the time that it might backfire the MLB is going to let them off the hook -blah-
(08-26-2013, 06:37 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: [ -> ]http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3894847

theres the story from '09 and i think him and braun are kinda viewed in a different light, Braun because he was such a d'bag about how he was framed and blah blah. and A-rod because when he was "caught" he was adimit he had never took them(i believe it came up because someone leaked a test from like '03 of all MLB that was suppose to just see how many were using not to call anyone out and names werent suppose to be kept or some bs) then i think he tested positive again and thats when it became a whole ordeal.

to be honest I dont care either way,i think the yankees are going to get out of a huge mistake i.e. his contract. which i think is bull - for a team that has spent the better part of my life throwing money at talented players the time that it might backfire the MLB is going to let them off the hook -blah-
Wasn't that the same year that Manny and Ortiz failed tests as well. It seems like some fans forgot that as well. Arod is being singled out because of who he is, what team he plays for and his contract. If it were a lesser player, making less money for another team they wouldn't have gotten 200+ games.
Pages: 1 2