Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jordan cards from garage sales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got these from a garage sale.

[Image: mjs.jpg]

I think they are reprints though, but still looks nice.
I don't know if they are or not (would have to see the backs), but you could get them authenticated either through BGS or PSA.

I mean, if they are real (never seen the "Pro Set" Jordan, that might be a Broder card), you may have scored an unreal bargain.
I agree with rj and I would like to see some scans of the rookie card front and back.
Here it is.

[Image: Jordan5.jpg]

[Image: Jordan6.jpg]
Uh do you want to trade or sale that Jordan Rookie? Smile I'm no expert but I think you hit the jackpot on that. It looks like the real McCoy to me. It actually looks to perfect to me, makes me wonder if its been trimmed? If its a fake its one of the best I have seen.
Some of the others here have more experience spotting fakes maybe we can get their opinion.
I'm inclined to agree. I'm not particularly good at spotting a fake either but that one doesn't have any of the blatant miscues, so at worst it's a good reprint.

What about that Star XRC? Looks really nice as well.
I am familiar with the red Jordan Star but not the white or black are they from the same year? COMC has a red one for sale now for $2800.
If you don't mind me asking what did you have to give for these? I use to do the garage sales a lot, I never had that kind of luck though. I may have to start hitting them again.....
I got these for $12 with a bunch of other mix cards. Got some Mcfarlane figures too!
(08-19-2013, 10:16 PM)johngt007 Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is.

[Image: Jordan5.jpg]

[Image: Jordan6.jpg]
just a good fake, its the second best known fake, the borders give it away, along with the texture of the cardboard stock itself...

The best fakes are extremely hard to tell, they are printed identical to the real ones and the only difference is the card stock there are printed on..

The original card stock in 86-87 had a paper type feel on the back with a soft texture simular to tissue paper...

I have to say its a fake. The black and white Stars where reprints so that would leave me to believe that's a reprint as well. The borders are also a sign of a fake... Way to thin
Pages: 1 2