Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What happened to this card? What is causing the damage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just recently sorted my cards and came across this:

Here's the before scan - about 2-3 years ago:
[Image: b4_zps7e07a365.jpg]

Here's the NOW scans/photo!!!! What happened? The damage is underneath the surface of the card!!! Card is in a penny sleeve and a correct size toploader store along with other cards (that show no problems). Anyone else knows what up?

[Image: 0818001_zpsd6d532d0.jpg]
[Image: P1380605_zps1e22fca6.jpg]
[Image: P1380606_zps2d0af6e1.jpg]
Is it in sunlight?
(08-18-2013, 05:42 PM)joshdetloff Wrote: [ -> ]Is it in sunlight?
No...just stored in a box - no sunlight exposure
well... it's still sick Tongue
Reflections that year (if I can remember) had a very thin clear layer on top of the card that made it shiny. I pulled a sweet parallel rookie card and could nearly pull the whole film off.

Now - why the film is messing up? No idea. Maybe the adhesive started cracking/breaking underneath it?
if i remember right those cards are super sensitive..a card like that in a 100 degree/90% humidity mailbox for 4 hrs wont even show damage until it sits a while after being put away and starts cooling and drying.....i have a few like that of other brands i swear sat in the mailbox too long one summer...i glanced at them,was happy and PC'd them...looked at them during the playoffs and Arg....looks like the inner part melted on a couple of edges....Hmmm,,,
i need to find those and show you.
Hey, if you don't want it anymore, I'll take it off your hands Wink
Man im really sorry about the card but that is a super sick card. the design, the patch, everything...

I had a set of upper deck football cards, think it was '93 but not sure. anyways its always min 60% humidity where I live and even though the cards were stored in a protective box 90% of em split down the middle. it looks like your card did kinda the same thing, except it looks like instead the ink is really condition sensitive.
It might also be the glue they used to attach the metallic paper. They could have cheaped out and used glue that was only rated to stay good for, say, 3 years, or something like that. Too bad you can't just search around and see if anybody else's cards are doing that.
I think its due for the jaderock listing of 99999.00 or best offer. No??
Pages: 1 2