Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Immaculate Collection....and a new brand replacing NT as Panini flagship product?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2013/...asketball/

Pretty odd timing of release (roughly two weeks before the start of 2013-14 season), but the cards look nice. Anyone going to bust this?

And if that's not enough, I saw from another forum that, after Immaculate Collection, there will be another high-end product coming out, with the starting price point of around $800. Anyone heard of that too? If it's true, will this potential new product (NOT Immaculate) effectively replace National Treasures as Panini's flagship brand?
I don't think it will replace national treasures mainly because Immaculate will be simply panini where as NT is technically Playoff (i know, I know - playoff hasn't been a stnd-alone company for years but you get the idea though...)
(08-15-2013, 07:17 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it will replace national treasures mainly because Immaculate will be simply panini where as NT is technically Playoff (i know, I know - playoff hasn't been a stnd-alone company for years but you get the idea though...)
My wording in the OP might be bad but no, I am not referring to Immaculate - I am referring to the potential new release AFTER Immaculate. Will it be possible for that product, with a $800 starting price point, replace NT as Panini's new flagship release?

Immaculate is a memorabilia-heavy/focused product, so in no way it will replace the NT as being the flagship, no matter the price point.
That's what I meant also. National Treasures is still marketed as Playoff National Treasures, just as prestige is marketed/branded as playoff prestige. This new, high-end product will simply be a panini license and not associated with those licenses panini purchased from Donrussplayoff lp. Much like when Upper Deck started releasing fleer licensing - E-X had always been a high end release for Fleer/Skybox as was Hot prospects. Those two licenses never replaced anything upper deck already had under their own licensing. As to flagship-brand - Panini's flagship is Panini. Flagship basically means the main product released by a company bearing that company's name. Skybox had skybox, fleer had fleer, topps had topps and upper deck had upper deck. Panini has Panini.
If you look really close on some of the logos for NT cards, you will see it says "Playoff"
Oh wait, is NT marketed as Playoff National Treasures, or Panini National Treasures?
If it's Playoff, then I kind of agree with what all of you said, but if it's Panini....ummmm......

I ask this because from the NT this year, some cards states Panini National Treasures, if I didn't see them wrongly.