Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Second Ginter Hobby - Monster CASE HIT What to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Last week I posted about my crappy hobby box of A&G, but ordered a second one anyways. Boy am I glad I did!!!

I just got it about 20 minutes ago and have only opened the box loader so far. At first, I was pissed because I got a big white square:

[Image: zslVmHnl.jpg][/URL]

Then I dug into the wrapper and got this...

[Image: znthFKIl.jpg][/URL]

Now what do I do? Do I redeem it? Lord knows I could use the money. The print run is /15, so I'm sure it'll bring it big $$$, especially since there hasn't been one on Ebay yet. What should I start the bid at? It's so much easier answering these questions when someone else pulls it :/

I'll post later with the rest of my hits, I've got to come down from cloud nine first!
Yes. I would sell as well.

When was the last time Ortiz signed for Topps ?
Sell now 1 day auction
There were a bunch of those redemption replacements of his but they were stickers. I'm assuming this will be on card... if it's redeemed.

What would be a reasonable price to expect? I'd expect anywhere between $100 to $200+ conservatively.
Bump... would like a little more feedback before i put it up.
while it is rare, don't get too excited. looking at the bay real quick, star players are really only pulling between $100 - $200 at auction. thats machado, bob gibson, and trout. ortiz is neither a HOF or star rookie right ow. i'm sure if you sat on a BIN, you would eventually get $100, but you should be happy with anything over $50 imo.
PS,

whats in the rest of the box!?!?
The rest of the box was nothing special. Did get a Jason Dufner relic which is bringing in about $10 online right now. I'd be happy with $100, okay with $80+. I have high hopes because unlike Machado or Trout, Ortiz autos are more rare this year in products, plus he's had a resurgence. Trouts are all going for over $200.

Can't explain Gibson other than his collecting market is getting older and all you Cardinals fans are STILL overpaying for Musial autos, haha!
I'll give you the same advise I've been getting ... rip it!!!!!
Oops, sorrySmile
Being a devote yankees fan, I'd say sell it as quickly as possible! Smile
I'd put it up for $250 BIN w/ OBO ... There's only /15 and it's a huge unique item. .... And it's a redemption ... Ortiz might never get around to signing it .... Ever!

Sell it.
PS: congrats on a great pull!
Or trade to me? Lol if you decide to trade or check me and let me know what you might be looking for..?
250 BIN with best offer. That's a great hit but I haven't seen an Ortiz auto in a long time.
Pages: 1 2 3