Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A&G 2 of 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, I debated whether to open box #2 or hold it and sell it later. Who am I kidding? I can't have a box for very long and control the urge to start ripping ... But, totally impressed with my self control, I actually waited several hours after dinner before opening #2. I was a little upset ... First, there was a pack with a sealing error ... Opened it first and there was a black border Mark Teixeira mini, that was semi-mangled Sad
[Image: a3d0bd27d49cf9f991b7fe1c4e850258_zps510bc73d.jpg]
then the second pack I open .... Only has 7 cards and is missing the mini. Oh freakin' great! This could potentially be the worst box ever. Then I got 2 relics in the next several packs.
[Image: null_zpsf45434b4.jpg]

So now I'm down to my last 3-4 packs without anything ... Not even a black border mini. But then I see this card smiling up at me ....

[Image: null_zps8bbba44f.jpg]

Wow! Possibly one of the best pulls of my life ... Trout /10 and a rip card! I can't stand not knowing its contents. Rip or Not? Sell or keep it? Why didn't I just get an auto of Puig instead. That would have been simpler. Smile
Rip it!!!!
Nice!!! Sell!

Sell that bad boy!
Sell it
Sell it to someone who agrees to rip it. Then you can let your poor decision eat away at you for the rest of your life when he pulls a quad autographed/relic Ruth/Cobb/Puig/A-Rod. Numbered 1/1 (of course) and handed to you by Bob Barker who offers you what's behind door number three. You take door number three because the card only graded out at 9.5.

Yeah, I know but in my son's world, it could happen. I wish I was still six years old!
Wow! See that makes me want to buy another box! Why did you have to post this??

if you aren't collecting the sets and want the mini that's inside I'd pop that sucker up on eBay and it will pay for your boxes and some
(08-10-2013, 05:12 AM)bgreenbg Wrote: [ -> ]Sell it to someone who agrees to rip it. Then you can let your poor decision eat away at you for the rest of your life when he pulls a quad autographed/relic Ruth/Cobb/Puig/A-Rod. Numbered 1/1 (of course) and handed to you by Bob Barker who offers you what's behind door number three. You take door number three because the card only graded out at 9.5.

Yeah, I know but in my son's world, it could happen. I wish I was still six years old!
LOL
That's funny. Actually, under those terms, I'd definitely sell ... Who'd want a lousy 9.5 graded quad with ARod on it UGGGGH Smile
I gotta think that what's inside is pretty awesome...like one of those George Washington hair stand cards. Grip it & Rip it! (oh...congrats and thanks for sharing!) Good things come to good people.
(08-10-2013, 07:10 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta think that what's inside is pretty awesome...like one of those George Washington hair stand cards. Grip it & Rip it! (oh...congrats and thanks for sharing!) Good things come to good people.
Thanks, my friend!
I'd assume Topps would have some master-list to what's inside a s/n rip card.
I'd trade them 4 unfulfilled redemptions for that info Smile
Pages: 1 2 3