Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Baseball Card Plaques
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These are two of my best cards and I will offer both of them for trade or sale, but note these cards are not cheap at all.
[Image: 2013-08-05-211354_zpsf5bdb290.jpg]
[Image: 2013-08-05-211416_zps2fd7d8a4.jpg]

What kind of trade value are you looking for?
I counted three cards...
HA Big Grin
Yeah, since Harper and Strasburg are together, it counys as one.
The Dickey goes for about 30 and the Harper/Strasburg goes for about 40
$40? That is way too much... lol
Good luck
Well, I'm doing that value in approximate trade value. I don't want cash, just cards that I could use.
(08-06-2013, 08:39 AM)zanderlex Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, since Harper and Strasburg are together, it counys as one.
The Dickey goes for about 30 and the Harper/Strasburg goes for about 40
Maybe I am missing something or you are overly valuing the "plaques" themselves. The Dickey card goes for less than $1 and isn't even a rookie card. So you are essentially valuing the plaque as $30. That seems high, even for trade value since those plaques usually sell for around $5 each. The other "plaque" looks like a black edged 2 card screw-down case and not a plaque. From the picture it looks like you may have over-tightened the screws, since the corners of the Harper card look like they are being pressed against the enclosure. You might want to loosen the screws a turn or two so that the Harper doesn't get damaged. Again, I don't see the $40 value there as the cards collectively book for $7 and the screw-down case is readily available for a couple bucks. So you are basically asking for $40 in trade for maybe $10 worth of card and case.
Good luck, but you may want to consider lowering your expectations on what you can trade them for.
(08-06-2013, 01:26 PM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I am missing something or you are overly valuing the "plaques" themselves. The Dickey card goes for less than $1 and isn't even a rookie card. So you are essentially valuing the plaque as $30. That seems high, even for trade value since those plaques usually sell for around $5 each. The other "plaque" looks like a black edged 2 card screw-down case and not a plaque. From the picture it looks like you may have over-tightened the screws, since the corners of the Harper card look like they are being pressed against the enclosure. You might want to loosen the screws a turn or two so that the Harper doesn't get damaged. Again, I don't see the $40 value there as the cards collectively book for $7 and the screw-down case is readily available for a couple bucks. So you are basically asking for $40 in trade for maybe $10 worth of card and case.
Good luck, but you may want to consider lowering your expectations on what you can trade them for.
THIS

the dickey...trade value might be 5 dollars realistically

the stars/harper...maybe 10 dollars trade value.
Pages: 1 2