Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Falcons Training Camp!!! (Pic Heavy...and a surprise guest)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Took my oldest to training camp today (rained on us right as practice let out so only 2 rookie autos....and one vet who's not a Falcon)...but that was just weird since no one recognized him...except me (Steelers fans?)
Let the pics begin.
[Image: DSCN0251-001_zpscb47db14.jpg][Image: DSCN0073-001_zpsd8b9f56a.jpg][Image: DSCN0154-001_zpsf6e33394.jpg][Image: DSCN0178-001_zps49ecad4e.jpg][Image: DSCN0099-001_zpsf61fdc86.jpg][Image: DSCN0238-001_zpsa6ba2bc9.jpg][Image: DSCN0204-001_zps41306886.jpg][Image: DSCN0094-001_zps6ccbeba0.jpg]
This kid's mom is an after school teacher for my daughter. [Image: DSCN0115-001_zps3ea5cbae.jpg]
Steven Jackson is ENORMOUS![Image: DSCN0212-002_zpsd079e364.jpg][Image: DSCN0172-001_zps926c6b56.jpg]
They picked on him all day: stinking rookie holdout:[Image: DSCN0116-001_zps96509a71.jpg]
And...

Kordell Stewart!!!???!!! Super nice, I did a double take, he was kinda surprised he was recognized but gladly signed a HUGE autograph on my daughter's football.

[Image: DSCN0119-001_zps98233630.jpg]
I always liked Slash, that's cool he was good to you guys.
(08-01-2013, 10:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]I always liked Slash, that's cool he was good to you guys.
I think he was surprised I even noticed him! (Nobody else did). I brought that ball for Falcons players to sign (bought a sweet silver pen and everything). He signed a MEGA autograph on the side of the ball. My daughter and I decided right then - this is Kordells ball. We went right to the concession stand and bought a new ball for Falcons.

Hey - I'm also a closet Steeler fan....why wouldn't I be when they were the only team to give Hines a chance?!? Smile heck. I even said: "Thank you, Mr Stewart for signing my daughter's football."
(08-01-2013, 10:43 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]I think he was surprised I even noticed him! (Nobody else did). I brought that ball for Falcons players to sign (bought a sweet silver pen and everything). He signed a MEGA autograph on the side of the ball. My daughter and I decided right then - this is Kordells ball. We went right to the concession stand and bought a new ball for Falcons.

Hey - I'm also a closet Steeler fan....why wouldn't I be when they were the only team to give Hines a chance?!? Smile heck. I even said: "Thank you, Mr Stewart for signing my daughter's football."
Also cool of you to appreciate his time ... many, many fans are actually a-- hats.

And that's pretty odd no one noticed him ... he's still pretty young and has been on the networks and what not. Oh well, score for you!
what a great story! I've always wanted a Kordell Stewart, those are definite memories that'll last a lifetime!
Yeah- it's cool. I think he was happy seeing me get giddy noticing who he was. A guy on his radio show saw my shirt (I was the dork wearing a "Rated Rookie" shirt from Panini) and called me out immediately about what I was wearing: "hey, that's the rookie logo from back in the 80's right?!?"

Yeah, it paid to be a card geek today. Smile
(08-01-2013, 10:54 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah- it's cool. I think he was happy seeing me get giddy noticing who he was. A guy on his radio show saw my shirt (I was the dork wearing a "Rated Rookie" shirt from Panini) and called me out immediately about what I was wearing: "hey, that's the rookie logo from back in the 80's right?!?"

Yeah, it paid to be a card geek today. Smile
ok I must know where you found a shirt like that lol
nice pics. been wanting to go to Saints training camp, but just dont have the time and money again this year. cant wait till september 8th, gonna be a hell of a game.
Thats so cool!!! I was thinking about going to my first Bears practice but havent pulled the trigger just yet. Im still mad they didnt bring back Urlacher. lol.

Btw you have a great camera. Nice clear images!
What would be really cool is to print your photos out on nice glossy stock and get them signed at camp ... talk about TRUE 1/1s, LOL
Pages: 1 2