Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: case of 2004-05 upper deck hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
for 400 free shipping, 12 boxes, 2 hits per, theres some good stuff to be pulled, doesnt seem too redemption heavy, so lets say there are 4 redemptions, thats 20 hits for 400. chasing jordan/lebron/kobe/melo
good luck!
These boxes are ALL OVER the popular internet auction sites....I have always wondered about it. An astoundingly weak rookie class scares me away from them.
These boxes are ALL OVER the popular internet auction sites....I have always wondered about it. An astoundingly weak rookie class scares me away from them.
(07-27-2013, 03:57 PM)dogboy34 Wrote: [ -> ]good luck!
I haven't bought it, I was wondering what the communities' opinion is
what im thinking is basically is the case better than buying like 2 boxes of new stuff
I think the answer to that is what is in the case. If all of the relics and autos are junk than no. My question is, you said it doesn't seem redemption heavy....are the redemptions anybody worthwhile? Are Kobe, MJ and LBJ live autos? If so, at $400 I think its worth the risk. Is this the stuff where every case has one of the UD spokesmen autos in it? I know later UD stuff does.
They made 25 each of Lebron and MJ autos for that product, so that odds are heavily NOT in your favor for hitting one. The next best cards are the patch cards which even the most basic are about 1:100 boxes or 1 in 10 cases, and the odds are you will get 1 that wouldn't even pay for a single box (since the top names are all SPs).
It could be a fun rip, but it isn't full of big dollar cards (and the ones that are in it have extremely long odds). So if you are thinking about buying it for fun, then it definitely could be good. If you are thinking about it as a way to get big dollar cards, then you might want to look elsewhere.