Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Michael Jordan Lots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive seen a few Jordan lots on the bay. i bought two of them last night as a shot in the dark. one of the lots said "104 Michael Jordan basketball cards" and had a picture of a bunch of cards on a table and i really couldn't see much. the seller never sells cards and said he found it in a storage unit. i looked at his sold items in his feedback and it confirmed hes never sold any cards before. so i ended up winning the auction $8.49 + 6.50 shipping.

another auction was titled "(150) Michael jordans" again the seller didn't know any specifics and said just was selling as a lot i paid 22 + 7 shipping on this one. and just had a picture of all the cards and i really couldn't make out much.

anyone ever buy any lots like this? what was your experience?

what are my chances on hitting the lotto?
Can you post the links to the completed auctions. I did a quick search of completed auctions with the titles you used and prices you said but didn't see anything.
Generally auctions on eBay like this are rarely going to pay off, but you never know. I wouldn't expect to hit the lottery though. I tend to pessimistically think that people who claim to not know anything about what they are selling, really do know that they are selling junk. After all, why put something up for auction on eBay for $10 and risk having it sell for the starting price, when you could easily do a few minutes of research and find out whether you have anything worth much much more.
With that being said, even if you got low end Jordan base cards from the early 90s you still didn't do to bad considering the prices you paid.
(07-26-2013, 11:58 AM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the links to the completed auctions. I did a quick search of completed auctions with the titles you used and prices you said but didn't see anything.
Generally auctions on eBay like this are rarely going to pay off, but you never know. I wouldn't expect to hit the lottery though. I tend to pessimistically think that people who claim to not know anything about what they are selling, really do know that they are selling junk. After all, why put something up for auction on eBay for $10 and risk having it sell for the starting price, when you could easily do a few minutes of research and find out whether you have anything worth much much more.
With that being said, even if you got low end Jordan base cards from the early 90s you still didn't do to bad considering the prices you paid.
+23
While I agree for the most part, I won a lot of 20 basketball cards off of ebay a few years back for $7 shipped and one of the cards was a 2000-01 Beam Team Tim Duncan/500 (BV just shy of $100). Sometimes you get lucky!