Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: multi-sport collectors question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recieve three cards from 2012-13 preferred yesterday for pc's (two Ewing Booklets - #2 &#3, and another new york booklet with novak on it) and the cards were packed in the cases with 2013 bowman baseball cards. I know a few names from watching sports center but just wanted to know if they were any good or not. here they are...
#1 - Adam Jones; #3 - Aroldis Chapman; ##22 - Marco Scutaro; #38 - Gio Gonzalez; #47 - Brian McCann; #53 - Jesus Montero; #97 - Michael Bourn; #64 Yovani Gallardo; #66 - Chase Headley; #81 - Cliff Lee; #98 - Matt Holliday; #100 - Andrew Mc Cutchen; #108 - Jose Altuve; #113 - Matt Latos; #120 - josh Beckett; #123 - Edwin Encarnacion; #136 - Derek Jeter; #144 - Pedro Alvarez; #147 - David Ortiz; #154 - Hunter Pence; #155 - Mike Moustakas; #178 - R.A. D**key; #180 - Josh Willingham; #200 - Buster Posey.

Gold - #38 - Gio Gonzalez; #123 - Edwin Encarnacion; #211 - Carlos Ruiz.

The only names i do recognize are Jeter, Encarnacion, Ortiz, D**key and Posey. Kinda recognise Pence.... the rest may as well be commons to me. if any one is interested... give me a week or two and I'll add them to my organise for trade.
Cliff Lee, Matt Holliday, Brian McCann would possibly be considered stars. Maybe Beckett as well, but he's kind of fallen off.
So encanarnacion is not really a big name then?
the only big name in that group (outside the ones you listed) is mccutchen, who might be in the running for nl mvp

Cool. All I really know about baseball is what i catch on sportscenter.... it's not my cup of tea by any means.