Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2012-13 Certified Red Materials Prime Chase (Updated 04/30/2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Slowly but surely trying to knock this set down. ONE more in today

#131 Wesley Johnson #ed 15/49 - Set Completion 84/151

[Image: WesleyJohnsonCertifiedRedMaterialsPrime_zps34c58bb1.jpg]
Got this one in today, and actually have a couple more on the way too.

#139 Carlos Delfino #ed 14/49 - Set Completion 85/151

[Image: CarlosDelfinoCertifiedRedMaterialsPrime_zpsa7dea819.jpg]
Really like the patches on these! How do you store these? Just curious. Do you have them readily available to look over them, when you feel for it? I know I would! Smile
Thanks man! I appreciate the comment. I have shelves of the white card boxes, pretty easy access, just slide a box out and put it on the desk. I do go through them a lot, but I try to look at my pics in my bucket and flickr, and also these threads I make instead of messing with the cards themselves.
Not the greatest patches on these two but at least it's two more down.

#033 Kevin McHale #ed 03/49 - Set Completion 86/151

[Image: KevinMcHaleCertifiedRedMaterialsPrime_zps4e7f977a.jpg]

#147 Darrell Griffith #ed 06/49 - Set Completion 87/151

[Image: DarrellGriffithCertifiedRedMaterialsPrim...866e06.jpg]
I was wondering if you were planning on buying from the Japanese seller that has like 10 of them on bay right now? Or any of the two Dengs. Or maybe the Kevin Martin one?
In any case, I think the set you are putting together looks really great so far.
(07-30-2013, 08:53 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Panini did that with a lot of their Knicks "Prime" patches this year. They grabbed it from the center of the number. They feel that because it is a different material than the rest of the jersey it is special. While technically this is true, and there are obviously few 1/2 x 1/2 squares of number material to be harvested it looks lame.

They have a history of doing this anytime a team uses a color for their number that is not used as a secondary color on their jerseys. I have a Zo Prime Materials from a USA jersey that is just the red of the number, and because they only wore white or blue jerseys Panini can quarantee that it is a prime patch.

Sorry this is a one of those "Panini-isms" that really bugs me.

Back on topic... I love this set, and the Drexler is sweet!
I totally agree with this. I still don't get why Panini chooses to make some of the Immaculate cards with some great looking patches numbered to /99, while they make the /25 version from the same product look so cheap
(01-15-2014, 07:38 PM)Caffrey Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if you were planning on buying from the Japanese seller that has like 10 of them on bay right now? Or any of the two Dengs. Or maybe the Kevin Martin one?
In any case, I think the set you are putting together looks really great so far.

I totally agree with this. I still don't get why Panini chooses to make some of the Immaculate cards with some great looking patches numbered to /99, while they make the /25 version from the same product look so cheap
Hey, I am going after 5 of the cards from the Japanese seller. I am currently high bidder on both Dengs, but I will only win one of them. I actually hadn't seen the Kevin Martin until you mentioned it. I will most likely go for it too.

Thanks for the kind words. This set has been really fun to work on. Very low pressure.
One more down!!! Pretty happy with the patch.

#187 Charles Jenkins #ed 44/49 - Set Completion 88/151

[Image: CharlesJenkinsCertifiedRedMaterialsPrime...ded879.jpg]
Another one in today!

#186 Brendan Haywood #ed 34/49 - Set Completion 89/151

[Image: BrendanHaywoodCertifiedRedMaterialsPrime...194bd3.jpg]
This seems to be picking up steam again. Now that 13-14 Totally Certified is out the 12-13 probably dropped so people are busting more boxes. Hope you can keep picking them up!
Thanks man! I actually am in the process of picking up quite a few more. Hopefully. I am in a bit of a bidding war over one particular card right now and am not sure if I want to pursue it or not lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23