Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2002-03 Finest Lebron James RC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been chasing this card for a while, I want at LEAST a 9.5 bgs, I see some pop up on the bay every so often but for the life of me cant get one for 150 which is my limit on it, it does book for 200 but that's a bit much imo, anyway, if anyone can find me one for 150 or less delivered ill paypal you 10 bucks as a finder's fee, the cheapest ive seen was 178 which ended last week. also if anyone has it, id love to buy it from you. thanks in advance!
No offense, but I'm not so sure that it is good marketing to post that you will only pay significantly less than this card sells for on eBay. If I had this particular card and it was graded a BGS 9.5 or higher I would have it on eBay immediately. I do think it is a card worth at least 165.00 in that condition, and I feel it would be a solid investment at that price.
(07-18-2013, 07:15 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but I'm not so sure that it is good marketing to post that you will only pay significantly less than this card sells for on eBay. If I had this particular card and it was graded a BGS 9.5 or higher I would have it on eBay immediately. I do think it is a card worth at least 165.00 in that condition, and I feel it would be a solid investment at that price.
yes 165, alright Id be able to live with that, but cheapest ive seen is 178 + 5 shipping, so my offer of 150 + 10 finders fee = 160 is far off from what your saying.

180+ it just isn't worth it
How much could you grab this card for raw? Would you be willing to pick one up and have it graded? I know it is a huge risk, but I have grabbed several Pierce rookies (1998) and had them graded with great results. I have no idea what they go for, but if you could grab a really one it might be worth it. Though I have also picked up a few online and had to just place them in my Celtics PC binder due to poor condition.

Most sellers that have a graded card place significant value on it, and they tend to know the most about the card. It addition many buyers place a sizeable premium on that BGS gold label. One thing I have learned though is that with enough patience most cards are obtainable at a reasonable price.
$180+ might not be worth it but apparently $178 is worth it(says the last auction that ended)....His market is higher than any other active player right now. Be patient, one will come around in at a price range you would be comfortable with.
UPDATE: I GOT ONE! FINALLY!

First off id like to thank Jmarchand1981 and SHowley2003 for their advice and suggestions!
I finally got one! 2002-03 Lebron finest xrc, i always saw this card as one of the most undervalued cards out there today and been chasing it for a while. i took Jmarchand's advice and kept looking, i passed on it 10-15 times until i found the right deal. then i took SHowley's advice and bought it ungraded. i know im taking a bit of a risk with that but i saw the initial scan and ask the seller for a few more and took a guess saying that WORST case it comes back a 9.

i ended up paying 123.94 + 3.75 shipping. i understand a scan can only show u so much but im counting the days until it arrives and then send it in for grading, a 9.5 is a definite possibility from the scans i saw. even if a 9 comes back id be able to profit a bit because i saw the 9s have been selling for 150+, well lol i guess technically id get only my money back, feebay.

but i just want thank the members here for their continued advice and help, i appreciate it, i love all XRC cards and having one of LeBron now is just awesome.
(07-24-2013, 03:35 PM)AlexRafco Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: I GOT ONE! FINALLY!

First off id like to thank Jmarchand1981 and SHowley2003 for their advice and suggestions!
I finally got one! 2002-03 Lebron finest xrc, i always saw this card as one of the most undervalued cards out there today and been chasing it for a while. i took Jmarchand's advice and kept looking, i passed on it 10-15 times until i found the right deal. then i took SHowley's advice and bought it ungraded. i know im taking a bit of a risk with that but i saw the initial scan and ask the seller for a few more and took a guess saying that WORST case it comes back a 9.

i ended up paying 123.94 + 3.75 shipping. i understand a scan can only show u so much but im counting the days until it arrives and then send it in for grading, a 9.5 is a definite possibility from the scans i saw. even if a 9 comes back id be able to profit a bit because i saw the 9s have been selling for 150+, well lol i guess technically id get only my money back, feebay.

but i just want thank the members here for their continued advice and help, i appreciate it, i love all XRC cards and having one of LeBron now is just awesome.
Nice job man! Plus, generally, Finest grades pretty well because of the heavier stock ... not as many dings or chips.
thanks rj, im pretty excited, cant wait til it gets here, like i said i really just have my fingers crossed on this one, ill scan it and post it as soon as it comes, then ill send it off to bgs and then again have my fingers crossed for the 20 days ill have to wait.

but i really just love the idea of the xrc, so keeping with the theme i think im gonna start looking into the jordan star xrc see what i could get on my budget. anyone know anything about the jordan xrc?