Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Panini Company For Sale?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw this on another forum, according to this link (and a few others) that Panini has requested to have their company valuated for possible sale.

http://downthetubes.net/?p=9866&fb_source=pubv1

Yikes, hope they fill their redemptions first, unlike Fleer.
(07-16-2013, 08:47 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Yikes, hope they fill their redemptions first, unlike Fleer.
Actually, Fleer did fill redemptions (sort of). They sent out random cards to those with outstanding redemptions. I had a redemption for a Chipper Jones auto /100, and I got back a Dwight Evans auto bat card. So the redemptions weren't great, but they were better than nothing.
Also, Fleer went Bankrupt while the 2 owners of Panini are simply looking at selling the company to new owners. So I wouldn't expect as drastic a impact as Fleer had. It will be interesting to see who buys them though and whether the break apart some of the separate business areas that Panini is in.
Wow!! I hated when Panini bought out Donruss/Playoff at first but over the years they have really grown on me. UpperDeck better get their stuff together and make a come back!! Now's the time if Panini owners are serious about selling the company.
(07-17-2013, 09:02 AM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, Fleer did fill redemptions (sort of). They sent out random cards to those with outstanding redemptions. I had a redemption for a Chipper Jones auto /100, and I got back a Dwight Evans auto bat card. So the redemptions weren't great, but they were better than nothing.
Also, Fleer went Bankrupt while the 2 owners of Panini are simply looking at selling the company to new owners. So I wouldn't expect as drastic a impact as Fleer had. It will be interesting to see who buys them though and whether the break apart some of the separate business areas that Panini is in.
For every random redemption they "filled," there were THOUSANDS that they didn't ... my LCS guy personally had almost 50 that he never got anything for.

The ones that were "filled" were just drops in an ocean of suckness.