Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: dh in houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
congrats houston...you're apparently the winner in the d-howard sweepstakes...
Houston will still be saddled with the Jeremy Lin contract. The third year of that contract escalates like crazy. Will they be able to pay Harden, D-12 and Lin....as well as Parsons and the put the rest of a team out there?
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Harden a max guy? If Harden is max and Howard is max how much money is there to go around?? I actually like the Harden/Howard combo but it was done in an odd way...The Heat got Wade, LBJ and Bosh with them signing less than max deals. The entire reason they could then have guys like Ray Allen, Birdman, Battier etc etc is because LBJ and Bosh took discounts.
Pretty sure Lebron & Bosh are getting max (sign & trades). Wade took a little less.

I think the Rockets should now go after Bynum.

It would give them the best front court in the NBA with Bynum & Howard.

However, they would probably only get 82 games combined out of the pair.
(07-06-2013, 07:23 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: [ -> ]Houston will still be saddled with the Jeremy Lin contract. The third year of that contract escalates like crazy. Will they be able to pay Harden, D-12 and Lin....as well as Parsons and the put the rest of a team out there?
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Harden a max guy? If Harden is max and Howard is max how much money is there to go around?? I actually like the Harden/Howard combo but it was done in an odd way...The Heat got Wade, LBJ and Bosh with them signing less than max deals. The entire reason they could then have guys like Ray Allen, Birdman, Battier etc etc is because LBJ and Bosh took discounts.
I was thinking the same thing. I think Dwight could be a good addition to Houston but man they are going to have no wiggle room at all. They are going to have to do something by next year when Lins contract escalates.

There are going to be a lot of good teams this year.
In a world of fantasy would the Lakers bring back Andrew Bynum, have a good year with Bynum, Pau & Nash. Then eventually Kobe makes his return around the All-Star break and slowly but surely returns to form. And by the end of the season the Houston Rockettes are the #4 seed and the Los Angeles Lakers are surprisingly (well, not surprisingly to me since I think they will be just fine next year with Nash, Pau, whomever they sign now and a returning Kobe) the #5 seed and meet in the 1st round. What a series that would be.. It's too bad they lost out on Earl Clark (signed w/ Cavs) & Chris Copeland (signed w/ Pacers, man I'm really bummed to see him leave my Knicks) but there's still some good FA talent left in J-Smoove, Monta Ellis, Nate Robinson, Jarrett Jack, Nikola Peckovic and AK47.

As for Dwight, I hope you learn something from the plethora of talented big men in Houston.
The Lin questions are very valid. If I'm not mistaken, I think he has been on the market this summer. They have been trying to download his contract. What I have found funny is that Howard will make around 2.6mil more by signing with Houston over four years.

That's similar to Bosh and James. I think all three took a slight cut (Lebron should be making the most and Wade and Bosh are making the same amount if I'm not mistaken). The amount is very small though, but the lack of a state tax eliminates a loss. They should be making around the same amount that they would've made with their previous teams.

It's been rumored that jsmooth and d12 want to play together. Atlanta is willing to do a sign and trade with Houston (that may possibly involve Lin). I'm actually curious to see how Howard and Harden will play out.
This whole thing makes me Yawn. Houstons still doesnt have enough to compete for a title. Dwights getting old, cap rooms gone, theres not enough left to win a title. hes pretty dumb in my book if he thinks they have a chance at the title.
I don't think he went there to win a championship. Of course he is going to say that publicly, he has to even. It help's solidify his reasoning to ditch the Lakers + $30,000,000. He went to a low key team. I don't think he wanted (nor could he handle) any part of the pressures of playing in Los Angeles for one of the most storied NBA franchises and definitely had enough of the L.A. Media after one season. Too bad Houston didn't hold onto Budinger and/or Patterson but maybe they couldn't hold onto them to sign Dwight. Outright?

Right now I think this is what the West will look like: 1. Spurs 2. Clipps 3. Rockettes 4. GSW 5. OKC 6. Lakers 7. Grizz 8. 3 team race between NOLA (they look pretty interesting), Nuggs and Twolves if they stay healthy.
I think they are going too do good this year D H is going to make the playoff's this year and maybe the finals if they had yao ming back now that would be a team just saying but... I still like him with Orlando though
I think its a great move. Dwight/Harden to me is a videogame like combo if u get when i mean. IF Howard and Harden remain healthy and Parsons keeps improving, this will be a crazy good team.
Pages: 1 2