Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Bye Bye Bengu: see you in 6 months
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-21-2013, 01:25 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]No sorry I was agreeing with you..I reread my post and I understad your confusion. Poorly worded. I watched his speech again and it was extremely classy. I dont understsnd how anything different could be taken from that. My bad.
Lebron started winning rings when he stopped caring about the media and his haters. His first year in Miami he wanted to fit in on the team. He is too good to just fit in.

I hate that he won because I would have loved for TD to get another one but he was THE difference in the game when it matter the most.

As for his speech, anyone with an exceptional skill or talent is predisposed to SEEM condescending to someone without that skill or talent. I think that is the case here.

(06-21-2013, 05:12 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: [ -> ]Lebron started winning rings when he stopped caring about the media and his haters. His first year in Miami he wanted to fit in on the team. He is too good to just fit in.

I hate that he won because I would have loved for TD to get another one but he was THE difference in the game when it matter the most.

As for his speech, anyone with an exceptional skill or talent is predisposed to SEEM condescending to someone without that skill or talent. I think that is the case here.
Yeah, I agree. He was asked a question and answered it. I do not see how it wasn't motivational. He said that he was from Akron and how he shouldn't really be here because of the statistics. I think he was very humble in saying that he is blessed each day when he walks in and sees his jersey hanging. I do not see how anyone could take that the wrong way? Was he cocky before, yes. But I think him loosing to the Mavs humbled him a lot more than people think.
Lebron is trash & you guys are all just prisoners of the moment. There are DOZENS of players with 2 rings & finals MVP's ... Shaq had 3 straight with 3 straight finals MVP's and I don't see threads being made about him every single day...

It sickens me how ridiculous people are. If Spurs had closed game 6 the way 99/100 times they would've normally everyone would instead be posting about how much a failure he is and how "OMG so now he's 1/4 in NBA Finals and choked yet again" ... But because of some miracle now we instead get "LeBron is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I pingyblingy must get all my hands n knees and worship the ground he walks on because if I don't..... I'D BE IGNORANT!!!!" ...

S

M

H

LeFlop is a coward & completely overrated. Once his athleticism leaves him he'll be nothing because he can't shoot and isn't smart enough to adjust. He's the most pathetic excuse of an MVP in the history of the game.... The fact that HE has 4 MVP's while Kobe only has ONE says it all to me.... It's a complete joke. Michael Jordan will never say it cause of PR and the fact that he's above this... But I KNOW he thinks Lebron is overrated and wishes he was young again to play in the NBA to show what a REAL MVP is all about!!!

/thread

The truth has been spoken!
somewhere, a village is one challenged resident down

when can i expect my 500 dollars of cards (or 100 dollar donation to charity)?
Well after a comment like that, now never... That was a personal attack basically for nothing and it's YOU who should be suspended for it. Uncalled for and out of bounds. No way around it.
(06-21-2013, 06:44 PM)bengu Wrote: [ -> ]Well after a comment like that, now never... That was a personal attack basically for nothing and it's YOU who should be suspended for it. Uncalled for and out of bounds. No way around it.
alrighty then. i get it: looking for a reason to welch on your bet. truly a man of your word.

i understand youre too broke to live up to your side of the bet. but you shouldnt make bets you cant live up to
(06-21-2013, 01:25 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]No sorry I was agreeing with you..I reread my post and I understad your confusion. Poorly worded. I watched his speech again and it was extremely classy. I dont understsnd how anything different could be taken from that. My bad.
No worries ... my first one was definitely poorly worded, LOL

Man, this morning I was in the car and they had some talking head dips--t on there STILL babbling about LeBron and what he couldn't do /didn't do /should've done.

I actually just turned it off and remembered what THE KING himself said last night.

Last time I checked, the Heat were STILL the NBA champs and LeBron was STILL the NBA AND Finals MVP.

Twice now.

I don't remember a superstar of his magnitude and accomplishments at a relatively young age who has received so much criticism for literally NO reason.

— Great player? Yes
— Great citizen (based on criminal record or lack thereof, and also considering charitable work/contributions to his communities?)? As far as we know ... Yes
— Great family man (again, as far as we know?) Yes
— Drug problems, recreational or otherwise? Not that we know of
— Worst thing he's ever done, in terms of public perception? "The Decision"
— How many millions of dollars did the Boys & Girls Club in Akron receive via the advertising revenue of "The Decision?" — So if this is the worst thing he's ever done, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm 100 PERCENT OK WITH IT.

I'll give you MY DECISION right here ... LeBron is the best player in the NBA right now, hands down.

It's not even close.
Keep drinking the koolaid rjcj
(06-21-2013, 07:02 PM)bengu Wrote: [ -> ]Keep drinking the koolaid rjcj
Actually, I'm drinking champagne right now.

(Drops the mike.)
(06-21-2013, 06:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]alrighty then. i get it: looking for a reason to welch on your bet. truly a man of your word.

i understand youre too broke to live up to your side of the bet. but you shouldnt make bets you cant live up to
and now you're taking shots at my financial status. wow. stay classy there pal & forgive me for not owning 500 dollars worth of random cards & instea owning SINGLE cards worth thousands... Maybe I should send you my BGS 9 Fleer Jordan RC (subs 10,9.5,9,9) and see if you can break it for me and send me the 2500 dollars in change lmao!
Pages: 1 2 3 4