Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Man, here's another tampered RGIII...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a 2012 certified freshman fabric /299. The auto is real, via sticker, but the relics are the suspect part of the card. When you zoom in closer the "patches" are not patches, but vinyl iron on decals from a cheap jersey from a department store. Of the 50 or so cards I've seen of the same numbering(/299), they are all just single color pieces.

http://bit.ly/14648yz
Wow....SMH.......The scan looks like indentations are made in the card between the jersey cuts too, that could be the scanner, but looking at the jersey pieces, they were probably done when altering the card...sad, ruined a nice RGIII
sweet looking card but yeah, i dont think any of those base rcs had any sort of patches on them. well i know some may have caught a tiny piece of patch as i own one but not like that!
Looks as though it is the same as whats on his shoulder number.But it is Panini after all so you never really know.
shoulder number is stitched... not that silkscreen crap... ridiculous...
The base Certified Freshman Fabric autos all have single color patches period....unless tampered with. That was an obvious fake when I saw it this morning. I sent a message to the seller 5 hours ago. I'm glad it's been pulled.
Wow, good catch. I don't understand the sellers thought process, you have a card that sells for $100+ dollars, now you do a terrible fake job on the card and it is basically worthless. Good catch Flipsi!
I feel like the RGIII card police "To Protect and Serve" haha. But seriously, I'm just trying what little I can do to prevent a fellow collector from buying a worthless collectible because of someone's greediness
this one has been molested for sure...i took a magnifier to the edges of the patch window's on my screen and they look rubbed raw...
(06-20-2013, 12:28 PM)melcmd Wrote: [ -> ]The base Certified Freshman Fabric autos all have single color patches period....unless tampered with. That was an obvious fake when I saw it this morning. I sent a message to the seller 5 hours ago. I'm glad it's been pulled.
I have this one, and Ive seen another Miller like it too.

[Image: scan0059.jpg]
Pages: 1 2