Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Has anyone else been opening any of the 25 cent archive packs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I haven't really seen anyone post in here about them, but I've been to my LCS the last 2 days and have opened a total of 8 packs. There is a limit of 4 per day.I'm kinda curious to see what people think of them. So yeah I figured I would share with you guys what I've got do far.

Ben Zobrist
Rickie Weeks
Jesus Montero
Jake Peavy
Mike Moustakas
David Ortiz
Starlin Castro
Lance Lynn
Doug Fister
Todd Frazier
Mark Trumbo
Matt Moore
Pedro Alvarez
Yovani Gallardo
Marco Scutaro
Carlos Santana
Felix Hernandez
Jason Kipnis
Miguel Cabrera
Adam Dunn
Miguel Montero
Shelby Miller
Aaron Hill
Mike Minor
Andre Eithier
Evan Longoria
Prince Fielder
Alex Rios
Josh Willingham
Brandon Beachy
Paul Goldschmidt
Joe Morgan

And my Day Glow cards

C.J. Wilson
Hiroshi Kuroda
A.J. Burnett
Jim Johnson
Ryan Zimmerman
Roy Halladay
Jean Segura
Mariano Rivera

I figure not bad for a total of $2. Let me know what you think
Yeah I've opened a few. It might be the 80's kid in me but I like those day glow cards. I'm going to try and get the yankees from them. Are yours available?
I think thats pretty good for $2
so whats the deal with these i havent checked all the stuff for the archives program yet, you go to your LCS and buy 25 cent packs while supplies last?

Are these the series 2 packs?
im going this afternoon to get some
What is a day glow card? Have any scans?
Day glow is a bright orange...pretty much neon, hence Kingofallmarks reference to the 80s when neon pink, neon blue, and neon orange were all the rage Smile I don't have any scans, but found this one http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseb...-glow.html - it honestly doesn't do it justice, they are much brighter in person lol

I picked up some of the packs, nothing too special. Got a Trout and Posey for my PCs but not the day glow variation. Only got 3 day glow out of 8 packs.
I got 2 packs, one has that orange glow around the border of Miguel Montero and a david Ortiz card where the background is tinted orange.. No sure if its the same thing or what. The rest look like basecards of the archives?
(06-12-2013, 09:52 AM)aktlingit Wrote: [ -> ]Day glow is a bright orange...pretty much neon, hence Kingofallmarks reference to the 80s when neon pink, neon blue, and neon orange were all the rage Smile I don't have any scans, but found this one http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseb...-glow.html - it honestly doesn't do it justice, they are much brighter in person lol

I picked up some of the packs, nothing too special. Got a Trout and Posey for my PCs but not the day glow variation. Only got 3 day glow out of 8 packs.
You probably have 8 total. Opened several packs and thought the same thing until matched with its base. The 1990 versions are orange inside the borders instead of the outside borders.
(06-12-2013, 05:43 PM)camnoregon Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have 8 total. Opened several packs and thought the same thing until matched with its base. The 1990 versions are orange inside the borders instead of the outside borders.
Ah good to know - thanks. I don't have the base Archives as I don't really do Archives. I'll take another look.
Pages: 1 2 3