Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Nordiques Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have been collecting Peter Stastny for a while now and want to know why is there no Nordiques patches with the red Nordiques logo.

I've seen a few with the iron on fleur-de-lys patches but none with the actual red Nordiques logo. Any Peter Stastny patch that I have are from a legends jersey or from a Devils jersey. I feel like this is badly hurting the value of my collection and am considering to take my main PC into a different direction because of that.

I wonder if it's because of a rights issue. Maybe the card manufacturers don't have the right to use the Nordiques logo in their cards.

Can anyone answer this please? Thanks.
oh man, Good question. I never noticed that there have really been no nordique patches. but now, I'll be searching. I wonder if there are no whalers either. I could ask this one guy who does all whalers, but im lazy. I remember it was BONNE or something like that with some numbers but eh. Anywho.
You are talking about bonnev659. Ya, hopefully he'll drop by on this thread an enlighten us.
card companies can use old teams logos depending on a few items

for example Que, Oakland and Hart logos, was used by panini a few seasons ago

for patches it all depends on what kind of jerseys the companies can buy... For example UD has a Peter S NJ jersey that is why it is it is devil red on it... ITG has both Peter Stick and a Que jersey to use too

also I notice that with UD using Whaler Howe green Jersey and the picture of him in a Wing uniform

hope that helps

and glad to see you are back on the boards again Kev