Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Update on improving the site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I wanted to update everyone on the progress of the improvements of our website. I just had a meeting with Bill Sutherland, COO of Beckett, and I saw all of the progress he has made. First, he has read every comment from the first post I made regarding improving the site. He has a very thorough list of the things that need to be worked on.

There are a few items that I am really excited about for the site. There is a search thesaurus in the works. We are also updating the Add Items in Organize. You will be able to add have/want a lot easier. The last thing I will mention today is probably the thing that people have asked for the most. I got to see the first images of our new Matchmaker program that is being worked on.

Any suggestions submitted will always be looked at and talked about. I will be having more frequent meetings with Bill and I will update everyone when I find out anything new.

Thanks,

Justin
I've noticed a glitch today. If you send something to trash in Org, it puts a new copy of that item in the folder you're in, and has Trash as an added folder attribute for both items. You can't move it to trash for some reason.
Also, I forgot to mention, there is now a polling option on the forums. You can create your own polls and get people's opinions that way. Just something fun for everyone, I think.
(06-10-2013, 02:45 PM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a glitch today. If you send something to trash in Org, it puts a new copy of that item in the folder you're in, and has Trash as an added folder attribute for both items. You can't move it to trash for some reason.
I will let someone know and they will take a look at it.
(06-10-2013, 02:45 PM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a glitch today. If you send something to trash in Org, it puts a new copy of that item in the folder you're in, and has Trash as an added folder attribute for both items. You can't move it to trash for some reason.
And you cannot permanently delete them from trash either....
bojesphob - I was unable to duplicate that issue, though I saw something similar and have reported it to my team to be fixed.

totter - I was able to duplicate your issue and now I have cards stuck in my trash in my personal account and have asked the team to use that for their testing and get it fixed.

Thanks, Bill S.
Thanks for the quick turnaround, Bill! It seems to be taken care of, as I was able to send to Trash successfully and the items are now deleted.
(06-11-2013, 09:25 AM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick turnaround, Bill! It seems to be taken care of, as I was able to send to Trash successfully and the items are now deleted.
Trash functionality was fixed sometime last night. Glad to see it is working again!

In addition, based on a request from another thread, I have added a "Polling" option for all users, so that everyone can create custom polls on the forums. I pushed that live yesterday night.

More changes coming, and while the IT team focuses on speed, database size, etc. I will be working on the Add to Organize pop-up to include qty fields and a condition drop-down menu.

Thanks, Bill

has the site been under maintenance every morning for the past 2 weeks? especially the trade menu? i can seem to access the forumns but when i click "trade" it says under maintenance.. doesnt make sense lol
and its ONLY early AM like when i go to work around 630 AM eastern time ill sign on and have breakfast etc.. right now i can click on it and everything is perfectly fine.
(06-11-2013, 11:58 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: [ -> ]has the site been under maintenance every morning for the past 2 weeks? especially the trade menu? i can seem to access the forumns but when i click "trade" it says under maintenance.. doesnt make sense lol
and its ONLY early AM like when i go to work around 630 AM eastern time ill sign on and have breakfast etc.. right now i can click on it and everything is perfectly fine.
+1 for me too
(06-11-2013, 11:58 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: [ -> ]has the site been under maintenance every morning for the past 2 weeks? especially the trade menu? i can seem to access the forumns but when i click "trade" it says under maintenance.. doesnt make sense lol
Yes, we have been performing a lot of database optimization, code cleanup, etc. We have to do it after all the nightly processes run, which typically happens from midnight to about 5am. So our only open window to do maintenance without bringing the site down during normal times, is to do it around 6am or so central time. We apologize for the inconvenience and the maintenance schedule should only last through the next week or so.

Thanks, Bill
Pages: 1 2