Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Bulk Purchase, Worth it or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, a fellow offered me this set of cards for 150 dollars, I am pretty new at collecting/trading and, from what I've read, these are not very good years to mess with. However, there are a LOT of cards here in really nice shape, is this worth investing in?

[Image: 934645_10151400345622307_480941413_n.jpg]

Thanks for your help guys/gals Smile
I would have to say, No.
with just the Henderson,mantle,ripken the bv is 250.00 alone. I would go for it.
my professional opinion: yes, there are a couple good cards there, but a TON of junk, a lot of it you wont be able to move. you could do a lot better with 150 dollars than this lot
Ugh, tough decision. Well, I used to collect as a kid but sold my collection like a fool, hehe. I am trying to get back into it again by financing the hobby through buy/sell/trading cards again. Hmm... I'll think on it, but yeah I see what you mean by tthere being a lot of junk Jacoby, but I also see what you mean elberson. And that bold NO gets me too haha!
i like it, sometimes when i buy i find hidden gems in random places.
(06-10-2013, 08:43 AM)friedmana27 Wrote: [ -> ]i like it, sometimes when i buy i find hidden gems in random places.
+1
if its $150 you can afford to spend and want something fun to go through - why not? if its money you would miss or would rather do something more fun with or get something better that you know you will enjoy--just buy you something nice with the $150 instead

I guess depends on your intentions with it too?
I would probably say no as well. The Henderson, 62 LL and Ripken look nice, but I don't think their sell value is going to get you back what you're spending. And the rest is really just junk.

About a month ago, I sold a 50k lot of these years and brands. I got $100 for it in a newspaper ad. So, I just don't think you're going to make anything off your investment if you try to buy it.

Just my opinion.
Offer him 100 bucks for it
Pages: 1 2 3