Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Question re. Raw Card Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking a purchasing a card that has benn given a Raw Card Review grade by Beckett....I assume at a show or something.

If I send that card in for actual grading is the cost the same as sending any card in? I assume that there was a cost to have it looked at once right?

Also, am it safe to assume that because it recieved a certain raw card review grade that is no guarantee it will get the same grade when you send it in for actual BVG grading?

Thanks
(06-06-2013, 11:58 AM)dmasci Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking a purchasing a card that has benn given a Raw Card Review grade by Beckett....I assume at a show or something.

If I send that card in for actual grading is the cost the same as sending any card in? I assume that there was a cost to have it looked at once right?

Also, am it safe to assume that because it received a certain raw card review grade that is no guarantee it will get the same grade when you send it in for actual BVG grading?

Thanks
Yes, to both of your questions. On the 2nd question: As long as the seal hasn't been tampered with, it's more likely than not, that you'll get the same grade.
I thought it was only like $5.00 to have a raw card slabbed? I might be thinking something else.You can always summon jeffv96masters he knows everything. Smile
(06-07-2013, 04:06 AM)redsox15fan Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was only like $5.00 to have a raw card slabbed? I might be thinking something else.You can always summon jeffv96masters he knows everything. Smile
You're thinking about having an already slabbed card reslabbed.
Thanks for the answers Nolen....makes me wonder though why anyone would pay money to have a raw card review. I guess it's for someone not wanting to actually get a card graded but are curious to what the grade would be? I don't know.....anyway thanks
(06-07-2013, 01:49 PM)dmasci Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answers Nolan....makes me wonder though why anyone would pay money to have a raw card review. I guess it's for someone not wanting to actually get a card graded but are curious to what the grade would be? I don't know.....anyway thanks
I bought a RCR 9 and I had it slabbed and it got a BGS 9. That went so well, so I bought a RCR 9.5. I don't know when I'll have it slabbed.
(06-06-2013, 11:58 AM)dmasci Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking a purchasing a card that has benn given a Raw Card Review grade by Beckett....I assume at a show or something.

Also, am it safe to assume that because it recieved a certain raw card review grade that is no guarantee it will get the same grade when you send it in for actual BVG grading?

Thanks
Well there is a fee for Raw Card Review and as long as you send the card back in with an untampered seal it is guaranteed the same grade. thanks
I have a Raw Card Review with a 6 digit serial number. When I looked up this serial number under Serial # Lookup, it came up a different player and grade. Are the Raw Card Review serial #'s listed or do I have a problem with my card? Thanks!
(06-10-2014, 09:36 PM)heelsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Raw Card Review with a 6 digit serial number. When I looked up this serial number under Serial # Lookup, it came up a different player and grade. Are the Raw Card Review serial #'s listed or do I have a problem with my card? Thanks!
Graded Card Lookup (GCL) are for cards that are slabbed. Raw card review are not yet slabbed. I don't think there is a spot to look up raw card review.
(06-11-2014, 07:54 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Graded Card Lookup (GCL) are for cards that are slabbed. Raw card review are not yet slabbed. I don't think there is a spot to look up raw card review.
Thanks for the info!
Pages: 1 2