Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: PRE-First Half Award Winners***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NL ROY: Shelby Miller or Jean Segura leaning towards Miller Cardinals are killing it this year. Future Ace of the squad. Considered Matt Harvey...

AL ROY: Manny Machado

NL CY Young: Adam Wainwright considered Corbin but I give edge to Wainwright based on SO and IP and CG

AL CY Young: Matt Moore

NL MVP: Joey Votto

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera

Biggest Disappointment (Player): B.J. Upton strongly considered Josh Hamilton and Brett Lawrie

Biggest Disappointment (Team): Blue Jays also strongly considered the Angels

Most amazing moment of the season: Bryce Harper 2 HRs in first 2 AB on opening day...
How could Votto beat out Goldschmidt? He has him in hr's, rbi's, steals, ops and is tied in average and only has 4 fewer runs. For NL MVP I would rank them:

Goldschmidt
Cargo
Dom Brown
Votto
Segura

I would also take Kershaw over Wainwright. His era is nearly a half run better. I know Wainwright has 3 more wins but it's not like anyone is running away with a ton of wins. This one is close.

NL ROY is going to be a fun one to watch. Miller and Segura are killing it this year but I predict Segura doesn't keep it up.

I don't think anyone can question Miggy this year. Hands down the best player in baseball.

I would take the Dodgers as the biggest disappointment.

Finally, Matt Moore? Not sure he would even make my top 5. Yu Darvish has nearly twice his strike outs with fewer walks and a lower whip. ERA is a bit higher but TWICE as many strike outs is insane. If you don't buy that, Clay Buchholz has Moore beat in every single category that matters. Every single one.

No love for El Oso Blanco? Just sayin', dude did win NL Rookie of the Month in April and May.

[Image: %24T2eC16J,!)cE9s4PsMyMBRoDVoEvQg~~60_57.JPG]
NL ROY is a cinch to be Miller because Segura and Harvey aren't eligible - 130 or fewer ABs to qualify and Segura had 148 last year and 50 IP or less to qualify and Harvey threw 59.1.

AL ROY is much more difficult because there really aren't very many playing out of their mind so far - Machado also not eligible. So maybe Profar will stick around or Myers will come up and make some noise.
(06-04-2013, 04:42 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: [ -> ]NL ROY is a cinch to be Miller because Segura and Harvey aren't eligible - 130 or fewer ABs to qualify and Segura had 148 last year and 50 IP or less to qualify and Harvey threw 59.1.

AL ROY is much more difficult because there really aren't very many playing out of their mind so far - Machado also not eligible. So maybe Profar will stick around or Myers will come up and make some noise.
I knew Harvey wasn't eligable. I thought Segura had less ab's than that. Miller it is then!

As far as Gattis, his .269 average hurts him a lot. It's tough for pitchers to win monthly awards because they don't get enough starts in a month to be impressive but when you look at someone over the course of a few months it begins to look more impressive.
(06-04-2013, 05:13 PM)jstbuch Wrote: [ -> ]I knew Harvey wasn't eligable. I thought Segura had less ab's than that. Miller it is then!

As far as Gattis, his .269 average hurts him a lot. It's tough for pitchers to win monthly awards because they don't get enough starts in a month to be impressive but when you look at someone over the course of a few months it begins to look more impressive.
I think the thing hurting Gattis the most is the lack of consistent ABs. If BJ gets benched or McCann has an extended injury he could easily get back in the coversation. .269 is a pretty respectable average for a rookie, especially when combined with the power numbers and the "clutchness" of a lot of those HRs.
Yadier Molina i think has to have strong consideration for NL MVP. I can't argue any of the others but what Yadi does with the staff and now with his bat. Come on.......
(06-04-2013, 05:21 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: [ -> ]I think the thing hurting Gattis the most is the lack of consistent ABs. If BJ gets benched or McCann has an extended injury he could easily get back in the coversation. .269 is a pretty respectable average for a rookie, especially when combined with the power numbers and the "clutchness" of a lot of those HRs.
It is respectable but not when up against elite competition.
(06-04-2013, 07:50 PM)jstbuch Wrote: [ -> ]It is respectable but not when up against elite competition.
You lost me there.
I mean, in a bubble, .269 is a respectable rookie average, sure. But awards aren't about being in a bubble. So it becomes less respectable when the competition he is going up against has been elite.
Pages: 1 2