Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What is the Mt Rushmore of your team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was having lunch with some coworkers and we were discussing what our Mt Rushmore would be for our favorite teams. I thought this would be a cool thread. The stipulations are players only, no coaches or owners, and you have to pick the top 4 in your teams history. If you want include images of their cards too that would be cool. For me, it's the Texas Rangers and the players are: Nolan Ryan, Pudge Rodriguez, Tom Grieve, and Michael Young.
(06-04-2013, 01:42 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: [ -> ]As a Yankees fan, narrowing coming up with the top 4 is nearly impossible.

Although I guess this is the most widely accepted list of top 4 Yanks of all time.
*Babe Ruth
*Lou Gehrig
*Mickey Mantle
*Derek Jeter

With honorable mentions going to Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Bill Dickey, Whitey Ford, Phil Rizzuto, Bobby Murcer, Roger Maris, Elston Howard, Jack Chesbro, Willie Randolph, Thurman Munson, Goose Gossage, Ron Guidry, Reggie Jackson, Don Mattingly, Paul O'Neill, Mariano Rivera, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte and maybe Robinson Cano and Alex Rodriguez.
We actually talked about the Yankees and how hard it would be to decide on one. The only difference we have was Jeter. We chose DiMaggio but it was a debate between the two of them for sure. The other three had to be on the list, no debate at all.
I think the Dodgers, despite having a ton of great players, is pretty easy:

Tommy Lasorda (technically meets the standard since he played for the Dodgers too), Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax, Duke Snider.

Just not sure how you could have a Dodgers Mt. Rushmore without have Vinny up there.
On the Red Sox, I'd probably put Ted Williams, Carl Yaztrezemski, Johnny Pesky and David Ortiz. Just my opinion though.
mt rushmore might not necessarily mean the best players, just the most important players. also: will only consider the stats they put up for my team

teddy ballgame
yaz
WILY MO PENA
david ortiz
pedro martinez

would listen to arguments for any of these guys to replace one of those:

speaker, foxx, cy young, boggs, clemens, nomar, rice, fisk, tek
Jays are a little harder because of the relatively short history.
Joe Carter
Fred Mcgriff
Carlos Delgado
Roy Halladay (this is the hard one)
(06-04-2013, 02:11 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: [ -> ]Jays are a little harder because of the relatively short history.
Joe Carter
Fred Mcgriff
Carlos Delgado
Roy Halladay (this is the hard one)
tony fernandez would be hard to leave off that list (blue jays hits leader). alomar might not have enough years with the jays. vernon wells, however...he's in the top 3 of every blue jays offensive stats

jays are actually harder than i thought. im a huge mcgriff fan...but i dont think he had enough years there to qualify

and i absolutely would take steib over halladay, based on their toronto years. leads him in almost every category. might even take henke
Short history as well but I would say for my dbacks so far its

1. Randy Johnson
2. Luis Gonzalez
3. Brandon Webb
4. Matt Williams
Fun post! For my Cubbies I would say
-Ernie Banks (easy one)
-Ryne Sandberg
-Ron Santo
-Sammy Sosa (tough choice, but left a big impact on the city and team.)
Fun post! For my Cubbies I would say
-Ernie Banks (easy one)
-Ryne Sandberg
-Ron Santo
-Sammy Sosa (tough choice, but left a big impact on the city and team.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7