Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Storage Unit stash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My brother in law buys storage units and every now and then he shoots me a box of cards for free. Nothing major but out of a box of about 500 cards I found a couple of base Griffey's for my pc and these cards. The ripken is actually 10 bucks lol. Again nothing major but were free so I'll take em!

[Image: yuk_zpsb43c6503.jpg]
That isn't the NNOF original Thomas is it?
(06-04-2013, 11:07 AM)dspainjr Wrote: [ -> ]That isn't the NNOF original Thomas is it?
I wish lol, no its the cards your mom threw out version
Ah ok, didn't have any Helton in that box did you?

(06-04-2013, 11:11 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: [ -> ]I wish lol, no its the cards your mom threw out version
(06-04-2013, 11:11 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: [ -> ]I wish lol, no its the cards your mom threw out version
For a moment i thought it was!!! that would have been awesome!
FYI, the easiest way to instantly tell that the Frank Thomas isn't the original one is the black line around the blue box where his name should be. The real one has breaks in the black line while Topps reprints have the entire box outlined. There are a few other subtle places that are missing black on the original, but that is the easiest to spot right away.
(06-04-2013, 11:51 AM)dspainjr Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok, didn't have any Helton in that box did you?
No none that wasn't damaged sorry man
(06-04-2013, 12:10 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: [ -> ]For a moment i thought it was!!! that would have been awesome!
I'm never that lucky lol
(06-04-2013, 12:52 PM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]FYI, the easiest way to instantly tell that the Frank Thomas isn't the original one is the black line around the blue box where his name should be. The real one has breaks in the black line while Topps reprints have the entire box outlined. There are a few other subtle places that are missing black on the original, but that is the easiest to spot right away.
Good to know thanks for the info!
Nice little stash. I love finding cards from my childhood.

I know this is sort of off topic but you should give him back any commons you dont want and he should send them to Commons For Kids. You donate cards and they give them to kids in the hospital. Here is the important part, you can deduct the donation for FULL book value!!! I know it doesn't seem like that much but say you have 100,000 commons. They average five cents book value each... that's $5000 in commons or up to $1500+ in real dollars back in your pocket. And it's a cool organization on top of that!
God I hate that "cards your mom threw out" set. Always gets me falsely excited when treasure hunting.
(06-04-2013, 04:11 PM)jstbuch Wrote: [ -> ]Nice little stash. I love finding cards from my childhood.

I know this is sort of off topic but you should give him back any commons you dont want and he should send them to Commons For Kids. You donate cards and they give them to kids in the hospital. Here is the important part, you can deduct the donation for FULL book value!!! I know it doesn't seem like that much but say you have 100,000 commons. They average five cents book value each... that's $5000 in commons or up to $1500+ in real dollars back in your pocket. And it's a cool organization on top of that!
That is a great suggestion. I have a ton, just taking up space. Think I'll go and put a few boxes together. Do you know where they are from and what State/States they do their charity work?
Pages: 1 2