Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My "Display Cases" I built with my Dad, Scans! (basketball)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I posted this over in the baseball section, but this is for those of you who may not browse that forum, and it has basketball stuff in it anyways!

Hey guys, decided its finally time to share my new way I display my cards. The original plan was to have glass on them too, but that was too expensive- and this way I can interchange and move cards a lot easier.

They all have 6 levels, with two rows on each. they hold between 84 cards (if all vertically displayed) or 60 (if all are displayed vertically).

I built these with my dad, so they are very special to me. Hope you guys like them from the pictures taken with my phone.

corner view of three of the "cases"
[Image: null_zpsff8d9db8.jpg]

The only one that's actually on the wall with my limited wall space ha:
it contains some Braves stuff, 1995 WS Braves Auto project (bottom level,) and my UNC Baseball PC (top level).
[Image: null_zps4f096cd5.jpg]

bottom left "case". Has Craig Kimbrel bobblehead on top (got it from Beginesj in a trade, shoutout to him!) and 2 Jordan bobbleheads, one from his baseball days and one from the Bulls.

In the case is in order (as they appear in the record books) where my 500 HR and 3000 Hit Club Projects will go.
[Image: null_zpsce3fa43b.jpg]

The middle "case" is where my Kendall Marshall Supercollection resides for now. As you can tell I'm running out of room ha. Also, even though I think I cut it off in the picture, the baseball is signed "Mike Jordan" from when he played baseball Smile
[Image: null_zps3af1a8ad.jpg]

The "case" on the right holds the only set I've ever tried to do, 2010-11 UD North Carolina Autos (I have all the base, subsets, and inserts in a binder.) It doesn't quite hold them all, as some are on top- and I'm still missing the Lawson Sad... the Jordan is in the middle of the fourth level proudly though Smile
[Image: null_zps3ab5f7e4.jpg]

and the 5th "case" that only has the mini set I'm looking to complete (fabulous faces of flocculence, including Abraham Lincoln! need the conscientious objector) and the only rainbow I've ever tried to complete of 2010 Topps Chrome Brian Wilson (need atomic, blue, and gold refractors). I'm sure more will go in here when I get the sunlight blocked off in my room!
[Image: null_zps531956ef.jpg]

I hope you guys enjoyed me sharing a special part of my collection, I hope when I move to my new house I will need many more of these that my dad and I will build together to fill with my future collection pieces!
Great job! I love the layers within the shelves. It adds depth, and is a great use of space. Very impressive. I built a display space recently, but it was a quick job just to set something up. My wife allows me to use the whole closet in our office to display my cards, and I need to re-work it to look nicer and hold more cards. I may be stealing that two tiered idea.
(05-26-2013, 06:43 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Great job! I love the layers within the shelves. It adds depth, and is a great use of space. Very impressive. I built a display space recently, but it was a quick job just to set something up. My wife allows me to use the whole closet in our office to display my cards, and I need to re-work it to look nicer and hold more cards. I may be stealing that two tiered idea.
Thanks for the kind words man, I really like them too- I sketched/designed the two-tier idea myself to try to make use of the most space that I could, since my room is pretty crowded ha
That's dope. You should paint the shelves UNC colors.
(05-26-2013, 08:12 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: [ -> ]That's dope. You should paint the shelves UNC colors.
we thought about doing different designs, or painting them (one unc, one braves, another themed for my 500 HR/3000 Hit projects) but ultimately decided on keeping them plain, so that they will be interchangeable in the future
Those look great! Good work and nice collection!
well done!
(05-26-2013, 10:52 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: [ -> ]Those look great! Good work and nice collection!
Thanks man!
(05-27-2013, 02:58 AM)folkertino Wrote: [ -> ]well done!
thanks, appreciate it!
Back when I lived at home I had piece of metal that I leaned against the wall, and duct taped to the floor. Then I laid the cards here, in a shape of a pyramid, or a square - whatever fit. Then, my cat decided to use this "case" as a springboard to whatever he saw he needed to "spring" to. Cards, "Case", Wallpaper - gone.

What you have build, good sir, is what I wanted to build.

12 months ago my wife finally said that I could get ONE case to store my cards in. Three weeks later, we found out that we were expecting. That dream of a case was quickly replaced with the reality of a bassinet.

One day I'll have a place large enough for me to have my own damn room - with jolted down cases that look like this, and no bassinet in it. THEN, I can also post nice pictures like this.
This display looks awesome man!! Even better that you and your pops got to work on it together. Cards are cards, great time spent with your old man....can never be replaced man. A true 1/1.
Pages: 1 2