Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Update: OT: Ah, the joys of moving to a new house.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are currently moving to my new house in Philly from NJ.
Ive been working on the move plus crazy OT at work every day.

I seen a few things on ebay that I wanted but didnt know if they would arrived before I was done moving at the apt. So I had them sent to the new house.

I have not received 1 piece of mail (Bill or ANYTHING with my name on it) since the other guy moved out on Tuesday. Yet a card I was waiting for was "delivered" on Friday. But when I got there at 2pm on Friday (and stayed till 5pm)....no mail.

Now I have a door that locks with the mail slot in it. I ALWAYS lock all doors!!! My question is whats going on, did the mailguy get lazy and not drop it through the slot and instead wedge it through the grating of the door because he didnt want to write a slip and then someone snag it ........OR.......is this what I heard from another guy I know works at the Post Office said and is it where the carrier knows someone moved out and just pockets the mail going there?

Oi Vei!!!!
If I recall, when I moved, it took a few weeks for the change of address to go through. How long before you moved to you submit a change of address with the post office?
Philly is the worst. I had several pieces of mail stolen, including nearly $800 worth of baseball memorabilia from the professional leagues in Japan. I used to live near Kensington, thankfully I'm out.
(05-26-2013, 02:28 PM)mcflysportscards Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall, when I moved, it took a few weeks for the change of address to go through. How long before you moved to you submit a change of address with the post office?
I didnt. I changed my address in ebay/paypal to reflect the new address and had it delivered to the new house.
Like I said, it was marked "delivered" Friday @ 9:15am but I showed up at 1:45PM and unlocked the door with the mailslot in it to find no mail at all.
(05-26-2013, 10:43 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: [ -> ]Philly is the worst. I had several pieces of mail stolen, including nearly $800 worth of baseball memorabilia from the professional leagues in Japan. I used to live near Kensington, thankfully I'm out.
Port Richmond?
Thats where I moved to.
(05-26-2013, 10:43 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: [ -> ]Philly is the worst. I had several pieces of mail stolen, including nearly $800 worth of baseball memorabilia from the professional leagues in Japan. I used to live near Kensington, thankfully I'm out.
I think they busted a USPS employee or 2 a few years ago for having a garage full of stolen mail packages in Philly. Another USPS employee in Philly stole every single Gamefly video game rental that came through his post office a few years ago. He ended up stealing a total of 2200 of them. I'm sure every city has its issues but I live just outside Philly and may step foot in Philly a dozens times a year if that because it's a shady city in general IMO.
Yea, I am concerned because its not only that one package that I had tracking on that didnt show up, I have others coming from Canada that dont have tracking on them that havent shown up yet that were paid for on the 15th. Undecided
I'd give it until Tuesday (tomorrow) before you start worrying about it. For whatever reason, I've noticed that sometimes DC tracking is off by a day. Not really sure why.
I would go to the post office and they may be holding it for some reason.
(05-27-2013, 09:52 AM)uvaspina Wrote: [ -> ]I'd give it until Tuesday (tomorrow) before you start worrying about it. For whatever reason, I've noticed that sometimes DC tracking is off by a day. Not really sure why.
+1.

Probably the case. Give it another day then contact the Post Office. Welcome as a resident to the city! Port Richmond is a nice section.

Update:
I had a convo with the regular mailman, he said that he thought nobody lived there (my new house) yet and he marked it "undeliverable".
I contacted the seller and stated what the mailman said and said if he gets it back I will pay for shipping to mail it again. He just replied "ok.".

My problem now (besides 1 more missing package from Canada) is that when you look at the tracking # it says "delivered". So what's stopping the selling it again or keeping it (no update from seller, it's been 4 days)?
Pages: 1 2