Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Attn: Beckett Grading Services we have issues......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- DAY 1 - April 19, 2013

Hand carried 4 cards to the Tri-Star show. I was sure I had some real gems.....and real authentic cards.......Explained that I wanted the vintage cards Authenticated only with the blue label and was made verbal assurances and told I was going to get a deal on the grading with a little discount.

So I went through and submitted...........Submission form 51957 and kept the pink copy. (Customer copy)

1st card 1950 Bowman Jackie Robinson
2nd card 1958 Topps Willie Mays
3rd card 2011 Bowman Sterling Superfractor Aldon Smith
4th card 2012 Topps Finest Jumbo Jersey Autographs Superfractors AJ Jenkins.

- DAY 36 - May 24, 2013

WELL cards came back today and things are definitely wrong.

NOT HAPPY......sent a message to customer support. Explaining everything. I understand mistakes can happen, but how we acknowledge and fix them is extremely critical.

I am now waiting for a reply. Clock is ticking.....tick...tock...

To...........be................continued............... Sad
so...what was wrong?
Yeah whats wrong? My money is on wrong cards sent back lol
My money is on they graded the vintage cards and they dont have a good grade.
- Day 37 - May 25, 2013

No response from customer support, holiday weekend Sad
However, Response from Super Moderator Jeff Smile

Appreciate the help and the responses. As far as wrong, just some basic math when calculating the total cost I didn't bother calculating at the show, apparently I should have, quality of the bgs cases received, and accuracy of the order.

I have cooled off a bit I was just dumbfounded when opening the package. I did receive my actual cards back. So that was definitely a positive.

redsox15fan hit one of my major concerns on the head. My money is on they graded the vintage cards and they dont have a good grade.

Scan below of slip - The beckett dude and I had a nice little chat, about how to ensure they were authenticated only. He said write Authentic only next to the player name. The scan has not been altered in any way excluding some creases which occurred following the show.

[Image: 406741200.jpg]

The pink copy is the last copy and the scan is lowers the resolution, it is the hardest of all the copies to read. But based on the instructions I was given, I believe it was pretty clear as what was being requested on the form.
UPDATE

Day 39 - May 27, 2012
Heard back from SuperModerator Jeff with offered resolution of resubmitting.
No response from beckett customer support.

Day 40 - May 28, 2012
Heard back from beckett customer support via email. Clearing up some miscommunication. Offered to correct/reslab the two BVG graded cases with Authentic cases, and reslab the other 2 cards which have internal scratches and scuffs in the case. If I sent them back with a new submission.

Day 41 - May 29, 2012
I responded to SuperModerator Jeff and heard back almost instantly via email. Offering to resend the cards with a group submission to have them corrected. Quoted 30 day turn around time. NO cost no money out of my pocket.

Day 42 - May 30, 2012
Deciding what I want to do, now.

Overall opinion
Happy with the response time by both Beckett, and Jeff. Jeff was blazing fast, and Beckett was within 48 business hours.

If I had to grade based on my overall experience.

Jeff - A+
Jeff truly is deserving of his "Super" status. Jeff - I'll respond to your email when I come to a decision this weekend.

Beckett CSR / policy - D+
Disappointed that the customer service policy only offered a free re-slabbing with the purchase of a new submission. The error, miscommunication, no prepaid return label, along with having to buy a new service to fix old mistake lead to the below average grade.

I am to blame as well for not understanding the form and relying on the CSR to help me fill it out. Jeff clearly educated me moving forward.

Again big props to "Super" Jeff! Thanks. I'll update the post down the road once it all plays out. The purpose of my posting was to get a timely response with an amicable resolution. I apologize for posting my problems and appreciate everyone's time.
Sorry all that happened man. Would love to see how the niners turned out! Havent seen you around the football forum much lately.
Glad that everything worked out in the end.

I have had similar (wrong info on label) issues before, and they are always happy to fix the issue. Just wish it wouldn't happen in the first place...
I have a couple of cards I need to send back. One has wrong sleeve, other one I only wanted authenticated and it was graded.