Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: Went to a new LCS, kind of upset...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as most of you know I moved to a new area close to 2 months ago and so I have been looking for a new LCS since my old one is over an hour away now. Well, after doing some looking around on Google I found one less than 5 miles from my new places. I called to ask if the buy cards and was told "We will buy ANY sports card, we buy more than anyone in the state." Well, I've been looking to sell my jamaal charles PC to help fund some other PCs and a few things outside of cards so he told me to bring them in and he said he will make me a good deal. I looked up the BV of my collection and its at $422 (I believe I'm able to post that). Went in to the shop just to have him only look at 1 of my cards, tell me it's my only low #d card I have (it's /25, I have I believe 5 cards /25 or lower...), look up that 1 card on eBay, He told me everything else goes for about $1, if I'm lucky, and that card goes for about $25 so he would give me $30 total in store credit, no cash. I brought in 42 cards. All but 6 were GU, Patch or Auto cards. All the others were low #d parallels or refractors. He offered me like 7% of BV, knowing what the BV was to begin with! I get that they need to make their money and I'm all for it, that's why I took it there. That just felt like a slap in the face tho! I wasn't even able to respond. My girlfriend actually laughed, said no thank you and took the cards back and drug me out. Am I wrong to be upset? I just feel like you either want to buy them or don't. Don't tell me you want to buy them and then offer practically nothing, you were well aware of everything that I was bringing in before I got there....sorry, I had to post it. Worst LCS experience of my life.
Oh and I forgot to mention, it's not like he sells cards really cheap so that he needs to buy them really cheap...he has a stack of topps strata Russell Wilson rookies for $20 a piece...
Well at least you have an LCS nearby, closest one to me is 168 miles away :/
Yeah that's a little absurd. But LCS's do have to make a profit... believe me, I've done research and asked around about how they sell. It all depends, were the auto's and gu'd high end? Because for the average jersey card would be $1 a piece and auto's probably $8 a piece if the card shop had a chance of making a profit.
While Id say that was an extremely low offer, BV is hardly anywhere near what they actually sell for. Most cards typically sell for 50% or less than BV on ebay. Plus on ebay your going to get hit with their fees and paypal fees. Not sure what all you had but $1 or 2 for regular jsy cards is probably what a Charles goes for. But $30 for all of them in credit is pretty low. Sorry man
Why try and sell any of your jaamals if your super collecting him? I agree tho, pretty low offer.
shooooooot Whatchu got?! I PC him also.
I may have cussed the guy out to tell you the truth. lol.

May I ask question? Why even waste your time trying to sell to a LCS? All they care about is "profit" so you knew they werent going to give you a good deal on your cards to begin with. Your best bet is a different trading site or the dreaded eBay. Still cant believe he offered 7% b/v...thats cuckoo!!!

On a side note I like your gf. Take them cards and go home haha. Smart woman!
(05-12-2013, 07:19 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: [ -> ]My girlfriend actually laughed, said no thank you and took the cards back....
Girlfriend--->>>Wife (put a ring on it)
Just remember that BV means very little these days unless it's for a super hot player. Also, a card shop is really only interested in cards that they can turn around and sell again. If you have really hot card that they know they can sell they will most likely offer you more for it. I don't think Jamal Charles would fit that category so your best bet will be to find another person that collects him.

Good luck
These days 10-15% is lucky at an actual LCS... You NEVER want to sell to those crooks... You have other options... Here, the bay, COMC... Etc...
Pages: 1 2