Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: first time sending a card in. please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a 1992 topps draft pick #98 derek jeter rookie that is the perfect example of a pristine card. corners are super sharp, edges are straight, centering is the best you can ask for and it has never been touched by hands. the only thing that bothers me is the population of a 10 is only 2. i have thousands of cards and never graded any but all i can think is that this card is absolutely flawless on all levels. should i send it in or is a 10bgs impossible to get? also if anyone who has got bgs10's graded before can you send me your email so i can send pics and see what you think?
remember, you're judgment is biased. if you have no experience getting your cards graded, you're definitely going down the right path by seeking of guidance. post an image on this thread for a start.
i cant post pics my files are too large that why i need to email.
Register for photobucket, upload it there, then post the link here. You'll get a LOT of help from a lot of very willing members....well as long as you have a positive attitude Smile

Best of luck on your card. Look forward to seeing the pictures.
Centering looks to be off L-R, approximately 54/46. In my opinion, this would not get a BGS 10.
cant you get a sub grade of 9.5 and still get 10? is the centering that off that it would get less than that? also what does 54/46 mean?
(05-17-2013, 08:17 PM)darksyde81 Wrote: [ -> ]cant you get a sub grade of 9.5 and still get 10? is the centering that off that it would get less than that? also what does 54/46 mean?
Certainly, if you got 9.5, 10, 10, 10 it would still be a 10. 54/46 is just my rough approximation of what the Left-Right centering is, 54% L, 46% R. Again, just my opinion. Best way to find out is to send it in.
Centering is def off L to R. As far as getting a bgs 10 you might as well play the lottery tonight(maybe not that hard). I have sent in over 100 cards did research bought magnify glass and went over every card and still no 10.
So what did you decide? Did you send it in for grading? I have to concur with many of the responses you've already received....A grade of 10 is really tough, I've been sending groups of cards in for 7 years and have yet to get a 10. That said, remember that 9.5 is considered Gem Mint so a very good grade.

Good luck
Pages: 1 2