Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need info please; 2003-2004 LeBron James
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

Looking for a little info on a card I have please. I pulled this card back when the product was brand new from 2003-2004 Fleer Authentix.

These are the "booster" ticket stubs. There were 3 levels of these; Lower Level, Upper Level and Luxury Box. Each were shortprinted lower then the next.....I have the LeBron Luxury Box version. I remember reading when these first came out they were really rare. If my memory serves correctly, I really want to say the Luxury Box level/version had only a qty of 10 when released. These are not serial numbered at all, just short printed.

My question is, does anyone know what the print runs of these were, specifically the one I have for sure, that or a possible value on this?

Thank you very much for any input you may have for me.

[Image: 20130505133739.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Do you have a picture of the back?
Sure do!
[Image: 20130507183648.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sorry, no luck. I know it is listed as a 2003-04 Authentix #104A. Beckett doesn't list it, and there is almost no sales history of these on eBay. There have been different variations of this listed for sale between 75-150, but they haven't sold. I will say that trade value might be limited becuase of what looks like some pretty chewed up edges, and this was not a stand alone card. So even in short print it might have minimal interest.
Yes it is a booster card. I don't know the exact print run though. They don't pop up on the Bay to often, but I guess you can place it in the same sell range as his Bowman gold rc. Hope this helps.
I think your spot on with the /10 on that one. They arent serial numbered though so I think the mystery of what they are leads them to be undervalued for how rare they are. I wonder how many people have actually ripped them apart and put them inside the rc card Smile
(05-08-2013, 07:45 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think your spot on with the /10 on that one. They arent serial numbered though so I think the mystery of what they are leads them to be undervalued for how rare they are. I wonder how many people have actually ripped them apart and put them inside the rc card Smile
I have never done that but I do have a Reece Gaines with the booster in it. I want to say it came out of the pack that way. That card also had a different border than a couple other /250 cards from that box. Can anyone confirm if these ever came out with the booster card preloaded?
The regular rc's all have that little card inside. These boosters were meant to be able to substitute. Apparantly it didnt really catch on Smile
(05-08-2013, 08:55 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: [ -> ]The regular rc's all have that little card inside. These boosters were meant to be able to substitute. Apparantly it didnt really catch on Smile
I know less than nothing about gaming cards but this seems like a concept that would be far more applicable and useful with those.
Looks like the exact card is on eBay right now. So either you are selling it or looking to buy it and hoping to get more info from people on here. Good luck in either case. It is definitely an interesting card, and I wish I knew a little more about it.
It looks like the Lower Level one don't seem to sell at the current $75 asking price that the sellers have them at. However a Upper Level one recently sold for $100.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LEBRON-JAMES-2003...416f9b7311
Pages: 1 2