Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Two Cards, One Serial Number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I noticed this after I bought the second one a week or so ago, but both have the same serial number?! I know other people have seen this before, but I just found it real odd. How does this happen, just bad QC?

Post yours if you have em!

[Image: IMG_2717_zpse3755002.jpg]

[Image: 9bf0961a-5835-445e-9c59-0775fcb6b21e_zpscf51eb7e.jpg]
I have yet to have "that" error in my collection
Could have been someone got a blank one from the bankruptcy auction and stamped it themselves. Ive seen it pop up on PMG's a lot lately.
(05-06-2013, 09:57 PM)chads-cards Wrote: [ -> ]Could have been someone got a blank one from the bankruptcy auction and stamped it themselves. Ive seen it pop up on PMG's a lot lately.
+1, it may just be me trying to make something from nothing, but with my eyes they dont even look like the same font (on the #ing)
[Image: jumpoffacliffemoticonbykz51.gif]
Great, first it was phony signatures...then fake patches...now I have to look out for phony serial numbered cards.

I ponder though, is it rather difficult for an everyday collector to emboss a serial number on to a card?

(05-06-2013, 10:05 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]+1, it may just be me trying to make something from nothing, but with my eyes they dont even look like the same font (on the #ing)
I was thinking the same thing too.
(05-07-2013, 12:07 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking the same thing too.
I agree, one looks to have crappier printing quality and seems a bit off, maybe one is from fleer bankruptcy and the other is pack pulled? Pretty odd either way.
Will the REAL Troy Brown 4/5 please stand up?
One's definitely a fake.
(05-07-2013, 12:38 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: [ -> ]Will the REAL Troy Brown 4/5 please stand up?
One's definitely a fake.
Who would take the time to fake a 5 dollar(on a good day) card? I agree could be fake, but just seems like a waste of time.
Different fonts.

Pretty sure the thicker font is the fake, but I'd have to go through the archives to verify for sure.

As for why someone would do this to a $5 card, it's more likely that they did this to a lot of cards not just 1 once they "perfected" their stamping for this card. There's a lot of this going on right now and a lot of concern over the superfractor sheets that were just up for auction that someone has already cut from the test sheets.
Pages: 1 2 3