Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Misprint Card Value '99 Metal Universe (Ripken Jr./Schilling)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! New here...was going through my stuff the other day and re-found a 1999 Metal Universe misprint card I have. It's a Cal Ripken Jr. MLPD #290 and a Curt Schilling #223 printed on top of each other. My friend is a huge O's fan so I wanted to see ballpark what something like this even goes for before I just gave it to her. It's in excellent condition...any help in valuing this thing is greatly appreciated.

Having trouble attaching pics so I put them in a google doc you can see here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1...sp=sharing

Thanks!
Drew
Attached now....
Not worthless but close to it.
it's considered a flawed card. for most collector's, it would be worth less than either original cards (which is around a dollar). you might find a hardcore collector who would want it, but dont expect to get more than a dollar or two at most
Okay. I wasn't sure how those were valued since it's theoretically, very rare. i'll take any second/third opinions if anyone thinks otherwise, hah.
Put it up on eBay as rare error or 1/1 and see what you get for it.......Smile
It's a flawed card and a schilling or Ripken collector would want it. For a set collector they stay away from cards like this
Yeah like everyone else said its pretty much worthless, its not an error but a misprint
if you find a ripken collector or a schilling collector.... they might like to add it to their collection as an oddball/misprint but I wouldn't expect for that card anyone to pay a premium for it if they did we are talking maybe $3-5 shipped at the very very most and thats on a generous side.

sometimes misprints like this could bring a much higher premium but its usually case by case player by player... a key card/insert for a high $$$ player... then you might be talking. say this was a 1993 finest refractor misprinted with ripken and someone else on it? then yeah you'd have something unique/special and could potentially milk extra from it.

but for this one- if you have someone who would enjoy the card - I'd say pass it along for sure!