Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: !!FEELS SO WRONG!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have been able to get 8 nice Carlos Boozer cards over the past year just because they were so cheap.

Think I might just collect him because his stuff is actually reasonable and he's a decent player.

Is it wrong to collect a player purely financially based?
Hey collect what you want. It's your collection and your money. For me, I have a limit on what I can spend so I'd rather save and spend on cards that I think are either great investments or for a focused PC (or in most cases both).
I agree with Slum. Collect what you want and what will make you happy. A guy like Carlos Boozer is like investing in a money market account. You will never make much money unless you are literally getting them for pennies on the dollar.... but you will never lose money either because the guys NBA career is what it is.
I don't think there is anything wrong with collecting a player because he is affordable, but you should at least be a fan of the player though. Affordability was one of the main things that got me collecting Bill Walton. A lot of his auto's can be had for under $20 even SP ones. Honestly I think Boozer would be a fun player to chase because his cards are very affordable and he has a lot of nice cards out there.
Im collecting Jeffery Taylor....Nuff Said.
people still try to make money in the card game?

(04-22-2013, 05:17 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Slum. Collect what you want and what will make you happy. A guy like Carlos Boozer is like investing in a money market account. You will never make much money unless you are literally getting them for pennies on the dollar.... but you will never lose money either because the guys NBA career is what it is.

My problem is I'm not a fan. And I have noticed his Bulls cards sell for about x2.2 his Jazz ones. I guess since Chicago is a big market and he is currently playing for them it makes some sense.

(04-22-2013, 08:02 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is anything wrong with collecting a player because he is affordable, but you should at least be a fan of the player though. Affordability was one of the main things that got me collecting Bill Walton. A lot of his auto's can be had for under $20 even SP ones. Honestly I think Boozer would be a fun player to chase because his cards are very affordable and he has a lot of nice cards out there.

I have a James Johnson PC.

Not sure what to do with it. His extremely rare stuff still sells for $20-$30.

(04-22-2013, 10:04 AM)quavis Wrote: [ -> ]Im collecting Jeffery Taylor....Nuff Said.
(04-21-2013, 09:30 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: [ -> ]So I have been able to get 8 nice Carlos Boozer cards over the past year just because they were so cheap.

Think I might just collect him because his stuff is actually reasonable and he's a decent player.

Is it wrong to collect a player purely financially based?
No, it is not wrong at all. What's wrong is if you cannot afford your own collection and you are burdening yourself and others about your spending patterns for your collection.

I think you are doing just okay with this Boozer Collection. That's all.
i started it with 2 boozer's i needed for sets i collect. the other 6 jumped on because they were cheap.

not a fan of sticker autos, but when you can get them for around $2/ea i can be.
I have a collection of autograph cards of stars and semi-stars that I have picked up for $1-$2 each over the years. It is a fun side collection and I have even picked up some HOFers and "almost" HOFers for the collection. It never ceases to amaze me how cheap some cards sell for. I don't think I would start a collection based on just one of the players but it is definitely fun to add more to it.
My original motivation for collecting Patrick was partly financial so i don't see why it's a problem.
Pages: 1 2