Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: urgent question for my grading people!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm in the middle of a cash negotiation for a card on another site, but the grade has me confused on how much to offer. as a nine MINT the BV is 125. The card is graded 9.5, so I'd assume its worth more. However, the auto is an 8 due to some bubbling....how much would be reasonable on the card do you guys think? How badly does an 8 affect the card value? Thanks so much!
If a BGS 9 books $125, a 9.5 should be at least $150 maybe $200+ depends on the player, the card, how rare it is, how many other BGS 9.5's there are, how condition sensitive it is, who signed it...etc.

Unless you really want this card and can't find another one, I would pass. An 8 is not a good auto grade. If you ever want to resell it or trade it the other person will not think an 8 is a good auto grade and you might end up getting less than what you pay for it.
(04-17-2013, 10:54 PM)briankort Wrote: [ -> ]If a BGS 9 books $125, a 9.5 should be at least $150 maybe $200+ depends on the player, the card, how rare it is, how many other BGS 9.5's there are, how condition sensitive it is, who signed it...etc.

Unless you really want this card and can't find another one, I would pass. An 8 is not a good auto grade. If you ever want to resell it or trade it the other person will not think an 8 is a good auto grade and you might end up getting less than what you pay for it.
thats what I assumed, just wanted to get some confirmation on it. It's a definite legends PC piece (I'm still having trader's remorse over getting rid of my original auto of this guy).

After some haggling, I was able to get the guy to accept 60 dlvd for it, so I'm content.

Thanks again Brian!