Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My trip to the LCS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those of you who don't know, we finally got an "LCS" in my town about a year ago. Frankly, its terrible. It's mainly those tacky plaques that everyone sells and tshirts. They do have hobby packs...but they're terribly overpriced (its like they buy from a retailer and then mark the packs up even higher!). To make it worse...THEY ALLOW PEOPLE TO PACK SEARCH! So I normally don't even bother. But I saw they had a full untouched box of Totally Certified in at 18.99 a pack. I had the itch so I grabbed A PACK since I knew they'd all have hits...prolly should've just skipped lol

base
Eli Manning
Maurice Jones-Drew
Sterling Sharpe
Matthew Stafford

ok atleast the base was ok

auto/relic time!
Down and Dirty /299
Brandon Weeden

Now, the D&D Set actually looks really cool, just wish it would've been a colt! lol

Thanks for letting me share guys, I know it's not as impressive as a box break, but it cut the edge (and a hole in my wallet)

Now, the question is, there are still the other 5 packs left...should I go do more?
18.99 a pack is a good price!
(04-13-2013, 10:54 AM)spazzyvol Wrote: [ -> ]18.99 a pack is a good price!
yes, this is the only box they actually have a good price on oddly enough! lol every other box is like MSRP plus 25-30%. They really mark up hockey, packs that sell for 9.99 everywhere else are 18.99 there lol
Well there should be at least 2 autographs in that box. Nice product. And a decent price. Because I could sell packs at $17.82 and break even.
I thought it was 3 autos and 3 memorabilia cards in a box?

But I've never really cared that much for this product...even though I did do a case. The D&Ds are a very nice concept. And honestly, at that price, and just because you didn't hit an auto, I'd do at least a few more.

(04-13-2013, 01:05 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: [ -> ]Well there should be at least 2 autographs in that box. Nice product. And a decent price. Because I could sell packs at $17.82 and break even.
(04-13-2013, 01:51 PM)kstjst Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was 3 autos and 3 memorabilia cards in a box?

But I've never really cared that much for this product...even though I did do a case. The D&Ds are a very nice concept. And honestly, at that price, and just because you didn't hit an auto, I'd do at least a few more.
They only guarentee 2 autos, one rookie auto and one "other" auto. But 90% of the time theres 3 and 3

well...I was going to get the rest of the packs...but nevermind

They're now FORTY each...

no thank you Sad
WOW?! $40?! That is insane. They're 14.99 at the main LCS I go to, if he ever has any in. The other LCS they're 21.99 and he always has stuff because he is so over priced.
My local LCS is pretty bad with pack/box prices too, so I feel for you. Now I'm curious as to how much they are on their Totally Certified, just to compare. Smile Haven't been there in a while...
Got a box of totally certified for 105$ cash at my LCS
Pages: 1 2