Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Basketball Packs with Graded cards in them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been out of the game for a while, and i remember 10 years ago thinking eventually all cards would come out of packs graded. 10 years later, a little disappointed to not see more products like this. I remember in 2002 i believe it was upper deck flight team had one graded per box. Also a 2001ish product from Topps had one too i believe.

Any other products like this from 2004 on?

Also I would LOVE to see a Heroes of Sport for Basketball! Maybe something along the lines of:

6 cards per pack , price 400$

1 BGS or PSA 9 or Higher cards. (Modern card)
2 BGS or PSA 5 or higher (Vintage cards)
1 Gem Mint from PSA/BGS (Modern or Vintage)
At least 1 1986 Fleer Rookie per pack
At least 1 Auto
At least 1 memorabilia card

Chance to win auto'd jerseys, shoes, and basketballs. That would be awesome!
There's something similar from Leaf Legends of Basketball I think is what its called. And, while I love graded cards, putting them in more products would be a bad idea (flood the market like they did jersey cards).

BTW I haven't talked to you before, so welcome!
They kind of do that with these things at Target and Walmart.

I've pulled some GREAT graded cards out of landmark sets like 2004-05 Topps Total, with some future HOFers such as Keith Van Horn, Fred Jones and Melvin Ely, LOL.
(03-25-2013, 10:02 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]There's something similar from Leaf Legends of Basketball I think is what its called. And, while I love graded cards, putting them in more products would be a bad idea (flood the market like they did jersey cards).

BTW I haven't talked to you before, so welcome!
Thanks. Looks like you’re a wings fan too. I'm from metro Detroit. Hmm, I'll have to check out Leaf Legends. That's a interesting point about flooding the market. I think it could get to that, but if it's one unique product, I don't think that would be the case. Jersey cards were inserts in almost every brand too seems. I guess it's just frustrating getting a big hit, and have a dinged corner or something like that. (Plus the price to grade cards isn't cost efficient for low end collectors)

I did see an off brand box at Meijer with 2 BCCG cards... Took a crack at it, wasn't too bad but not worth the price. Pulled a BCCG 9 Shaq Fleer RC, and Jason Terry Victory RC 9. Would have been good if it was BGS/PSA.
(03-26-2013, 01:14 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]with some future HOFers such as Keith Van Horn, Fred Jones and Melvin Ely, LOL.
Couldn't tell if this was a serious statement of not. You threw an LOL on the end. You don't REALLY think these guys are making the HOF, right?
Im pretty sure Heros of Sports is making a basketball product. Ill be very interested to see if it is as good as what ive seen from the baseball ones. I havent really seen any boxes that the value didn't atleast come close to the $500 price tag. My lcs owner just told me about a product that is like $5000 and it is a Jordan set with four Jordan autos per box...Little off topic but still interesting.
(03-26-2013, 10:18 AM)briankort Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't tell if this was a serious statement of not. You threw an LOL on the end. You don't REALLY think these guys are making the HOF, right?
No. Hence the LOL.