Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does Beckett list error cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was just organizing some old stuff in my collection and ran across what seems to be an error card. The card is 96-97 Metal and one side shows a Damon Stoudamire "Metal Shredders" insert which I can find an identical picture of when I search for it. The flip side however shows Steve Kerrs base card #158 which I can ALSO find but obviously the 2 are listed as seperate cards.

I guess my underlying question is whether or not there are listings of known error cards on the OPG's?

that isnt an error card. it is a flawed card, called a wrong back. it wont ever be listed in beckett.
It all depends .... I know with the earlier stuff (1989/90 - 1992/93), most error cards were listed. After that... who knows. A lot card errors though are due to miscuts or just poor surveillance. Depending on the number of errors that made it to the secondary market depends on whether beckett will actually price them. Most however will not fetch any more than the regular version.
And just to be an "that guy" are you sure it's not simply two cards stuck together. The gloss on those mid-90s cards acts like glue when the cards are left under some pressure for an extended time. Just throwing this out there after busting many mid-90s wax packs over the past few months.
(03-24-2013, 05:54 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: [ -> ]And just to be an "that guy" are you sure it's not simply two cards stuck together. The gloss on those mid-90s cards acts like glue when the cards are left under some pressure for an extended time. Just throwing this out there after busting many mid-90s wax packs over the past few months.
1) LOVE your profile pic

2) Believe me I triple checked for that possibility, not wanting to myself be "that guy" lol. The card is the identical thickness of any other card from this series that I have.

@ jacobstealshome - forgive my lack in terminology. I just call any card that has something wrong with it an error card, I like to keep things simple.
Beckett typically only list "error" cards if there was a mass production of them...then the correct version was issued by the company. Something that you can easily find and was typically mass-produced. Singlularity in printing errors (wrong back, no backs, upside down, etc.) where a sheet or ten went through, would not typically be listed. I know even for the 1990 Fleer Pro View inserts, that there are quite a few of the upside-down-wrong-player-backs, and they aren't even listed by beckett. The printing "errors" are always fun to find.

Probably something more recent for Beckett to list would be the error's of the UD base set, where the wrong names were printed on the fronts (i.e. Michael Jordan and Wally Szerbiack). They were in mass production and common now to find, and have a corrected version issued).
With the 2009-10 UD error cards, they only seemed to pop-up in the special retail packs - I bought a box of hobby and retail when they first came out and did not see a single error card. As to calling an error card.... I've got some Patrick Ewing 1997-98 Stadium Club cards with holographic badge variants based on the centering of the stadium club badge in the hologram bar. I've even seen another card from that set that had the hologram bar, but no stadium club badge. To me, those are variants - what you have is what's known commonly as a misprint.
I don't think they list errors, or at least not all of them.... They list my card as "Earl Malone" with no mention of Error.

Here is a Earl MONROE Laundry Tag 1/1 card

[Image: 35crep1.jpg]
(03-24-2013, 06:49 PM)nba50 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they list errors, or at least not all of them.... They list my card as "Earl Malone" with no mention of Error.

Here is a Earl MONROE Laundry Tag 1/1 card

[Image: 35crep1.jpg]
HA! they probably don't even know. That would be listed as an UER as it probably was never corrected...and that's the only version that is out there. (kinda like the spelling error on the Pippen RC).