Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Should I grade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These just came in yesterday together and wanted to see what you guys think. I have the Magic's all-rookie already in a PSA9...Is it worth having it graded by BGS? Both of these are real clean but might lose some on centering.

I would be looking for BGS 9 or better. They look to be about BGS 9 to me not 9.5 or anything, again because of the centering.

The dream team would be PC but I would try and move one of the All-rookies.

[Image: DSC_0011_zps2cc28c9a.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0013_zps407fd063.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0009_zps107358a7.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0010_zpscdcd3cad.jpg]
I don't think these cards are alot more desirable by collectors with just a BGS 9 grade then they are raw. But some people just like to have slabbed cards and a MINT grade is still good.

If you want them slabbed to put in your collection of other slabbed cards and the $30+ price tag is ok with you then do it. But I don't think you will make too big a profit if your planning to try and turn them.

They do look like possible 9's from the scans, but beckett can be unpredictable sometimes.
Yeah it's all about personal preference. I like grading PC cards, even some lower-end, just to have them protected and displayable.

If it were me, I would hold off on the magic's all-rookie, the centering will be a big issue. My inner optimist says send the beam team though, it may have a shot at a 9.5, though I would guess a 9 on it as well.

I set my minimum at 8.5s, so I'm not as picky as most people Smile
i've got an MJ Beam Team coming back from BGS later this week. It is same left/right centering, but much lower than yours. I can let you know what that gets in centering.

I like to get my PC cards slabbed also. Would love to have that Beam Team Shaq in a 9.5.
Beam Team Shaq was THE card in 92. I had pulled one from a pack and sold it for $400 when I was 13. I have been hunting a BGS 9-9.5 but keep missing it. Card is great raw though, centering on that set is always screwy.
Thanks for all the opinions guys. I think I will send in the Beam Team with my next shipment to be graded. Haven’t sent any out in months but getting some together now.

@Hercules- Thanks man, I would appreciate knowing how you did.

@3n5kp- It is one of the cards of the early 90’s. You made a killing at 13!! $400 would feel like a million dollars to me at 13!

@Buck – Yeah I like having my PC slabed too. It will always be protected and looks great! I think I will hold off on the All Magics…Have a PSA9 so I might just toss this one on Ebay.

@Brian – Yeah, I’m thinking close to a 9…Maybe drop down to 8.5 if I get a GOD(Grader of Death) The $ value doesn’t play too much into me grading them…I like my PC slabed and this was one of the cards I always wanted as a kid so I wouldn’t sell it anyways. It does get expensive to grade though!
So I got a 9.5 on centering. You can tell by looking at the front top corners that it is not exactly 50/50 left/right, but in my opinion that's damn close enough for a 10. I think what knocked it down to a 9.5 is actually the back of the card, which is too far to the right based off how close the letters are to the edge.

[Image: MJBT1_zpsf1ddeffe.jpg]

[Image: MJBT1back_zps8834fd63.jpg]

Comparing to your card, I think your front is slightly farther to the right than mine, but not by much.
Let me know what you get with the Magic All-Rookies. I have a similar card, was thinking of sending in for grade.