Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Sunday morning poll question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would you rather have a Lebron auto in his Heat Uni or of him in the Cavs Uni or does it really even matter?
Personally I'd rather have Cavs.... I know he didn't win a championship until Miami but I'm from Ohio I watched him play Highschool, Cleveland is one of my favorite teams. He completely turned Cleveland Basketball around. So my favorite Lebron is always gonna be the one in Cleveland, and for the record I am not a Lebron hater now that he plays for the Heat like a lot of Cleveland fans.
Doesn't matter to me. Actually, I dont care too much about what uniform the player is in all together. I collect more for the player than the uniform. Value would be insane for a while if he had a heat auto. Cavs autos would suffer for sure. But his RC autos for Cavs will always be sought after IMO. It would be crazy to see what the Heat autos would go for at first release!
Doesn't matter to me...both make good toilet paper.

....bitter cleveland fan.
I would prefer a Heat Auto, just because other than a rookie year auto, I think it holds a little more value because of the championship. But I am not an Auto collector so really not a big deal to me.

On a site note, I am a LeBron fan. Not a Cleveland fan or a Miami Heat fan. When he was with the Cave, I cheered for the Cavs. Now he is with Miami, I cheer for Miami. If he leaves again someday, I will follow him there. I don't live anywhere near an NBA team, So I just have players I like and follow.
(03-03-2013, 11:31 AM)briankort Wrote: [ -> ]On a site note, I am a LeBron fan. Not a Cleveland fan or a Miami Heat fan. When he was with the Cave, I cheered for the Cavs. Now he is with Miami, I cheer for Miami. If he leaves again someday, I will follow him there. I don't live anywhere near an NBA team, So I just have players I like and follow.
I am the same way.
I would prefer a Cavs uni, but only because I think the quality of cards on the large were better during the years when he was a Cav than what is currently offered. On a broad scale I think many of the Topps and UD pruduct that was still available is better looking than most of Panini's stuff. That being said if it was one of the better looking Panini products I would not have a preference.

Cavs here but by and large it wouldn't have any effect on my decision to pick one up. If I could get either a Cavs one or a Heat one for the same price and it was an apples to apples thing(numbered the same, same BV) than I would grab the Cavs one.
I'm a Cavs fan so naturally it would be in a Cavs uni. As others have said, his initial Heat stuff would sell, but the designs pre Panini were better. It's harder to get some of his UD autos for a good price now. All of his new UD stuff (in High School uni) sell lesser than his older stuff. Plus those Cavs unis looked a lot better than the unis the Heat have. It's similar to Wilt. I would rather have an auto of his in a 76ers uni versus a Lakers uni. It's more majestic to me.