Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: nash-debo13???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is just a friendly heads up and if im wrong, I will ask a mod to delete this thread. I sent nash-debo13 a trade offer with around 1000 cards that I have that were possibly some of his wants. After a couple of days, he narrowed down the cards he wanted from me to 175 (bv approx 1700), the cards I wanted from him were bv 247. I stated if we come to an agreement that he would have to ship first since he is a new trader, and he agreed. I sent the trade back and told him that he could choose around 375 bv worth of cards from me unless he was asking for all gu's and autos, i would want it to be more even. Yesterday, he sends me a message, "did you send this as an offer, I will accept" and 3 hours later, without a reply from me, he accepts the trade (247 bv for 1700 bv) and then sends a message asking if I will send first??? All the years ive been on this site and through all the trades ive had, this has never happened to me and it raises flags in my book. Just be careful when dealing with nash-debo13, im not sure what he/she is up to. nash-debo13, if you want to respond on here or through pm, that would be fine. I hate to call you out but i dont want to see anyone get scammed on this site.
Well I guess I will wait on my trade with he/she then. LOL Thanks for the heads up Ping!
I had a trade going with this guy and he doesn't have a price guide and we had to keep going back and forth and then when it got down to accepting he said he accepted another trade with 50% of the cards I wanted so I would have to start over and add cards again. I just cancelled the trade. The cards I really wanted he said were no longer avavilable.

I did tell him twice in messages that he would have to send first, but he never replied to it, Just messaged about something else.

Maybe he is a good trader, maybe not, but he has to prove himself before I am shipping him cards.
his excuse is " dude u sent it to me...why would you send me a trade you didnt want to do, youve been on the site long enough how do u now know better?" im still confused as to why they would ask me to send first and why they would think i would trade 1700 worth of cards for 250? just be careful when dealing with this member.
(02-28-2013, 07:36 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]his excuse is " dude u sent it to me...why would you send me a trade you didnt want to do, youve been on the site long enough how do u now know better?" im still confused as to why they would ask me to send first and why they would think i would trade 1700 worth of cards for 250? just be careful when dealing with this member.
I bet your the one who he traded his Lebron GU cards too huh? Sad
yeah, i think there was 2 in the trade proposal, i think he has everything listed again though.
Just move on. I don't know anything about this person, but new traders should just be OK with shipping first to veterans.

In fact, it should be required — mods?

I did it, I'm at 50+ trades now, building a great rep, I haven't had an issue with anybody.

I've had to wait longer on a couple of trades than I would have liked, but except for one very early in my membership (my fault for getting scammed), they've all gone off without a hitch.

I still end up shipping first about 95 percent of the time just because I work close to home (it's easy to pull cards on my break) and I work about a block from a PO.

The dialogue difficulty you described also means, best case scenario, you're in for a long back and forth, so unless they have something you REALLY want, it's been my experience that if you're just patient whatever you're looking for usually turns up.

I mean, by and large, we're all buying the same stuff, right?
Sounds like he's trying to scame you ping. I'd be reporting it to the mods personally.
(02-28-2013, 08:53 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like he's trying to scame you ping. I'd be reporting it to the mods personally.
already done. maybe im over reacting, but with his actions, it gives me a really bad feeling. we keep this site pretty clean and light on the scams, i dont want to see anyone getting scammed.
Not saying you did anything wrong ping, but it does point out one minor flaw in the trade mechanisms on the site.

There really needs to be a "Send As Offer" and "Send As Negotiation" type of setup to avoid this kind of drama. Send as Negotiation should never be allowed to be accepted, just modified and then either returned as an offer or further negotiation.

I'm sure we've all sent "offers" back over to someone that were way out of whack with the expectation they'd trim down to what they really wanted. Thankfully everyone I've dealt with is an upstanding citizen and does just that but I've always wondered how often what happened to you happens in general. Especially for those without the OPG, or at least claiming to not have the OPG and not know the book values.

Hope you get it all straightened out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4