Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1970 Topps football pickups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every so often I go on a vintage kick and this time I got a lot of 1970 Topps football for $10 and it included these nice cards. I think I did pretty good, and will be tucking these away with the other vintage cards in my PC.
[Image: 20130227_212325_zps7f1f0c43.jpg]
Vintage cards are always cool to look at. Nice pickups.
Grade those bad boys, most look pretty clean.
(02-27-2013, 10:04 PM)westhoustonvw Wrote: [ -> ]Grade those bad boys, most look pretty clean.
The picture makes them look better than they are. They are nice but probably EX at best in most cases. I prefer to keep most of my vintage cards as is rather than sending them in for grading. The few exceptions have been where a vintage card looks nearly flawless and I feel like it has a shot at getting better than an 8. I think most of these would grade between 4 and 6, so I don't see much incentive in getting them graded.
Grading protects them forever. That's the upside.

Love the mail day.
Nice vintage cards..by far my favorite thing to collect. I do get mine graded just for protection but then I only buy HOFers and mostly skilled positions so I don't have more than 100 or so....very nice
gotta love vintage, too bad you're putting them in your PC, could use the Bubba Smith Tongue lol