Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How to best ship a lot of base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am able to move at least a thousand base cards right now, but that gets heavy. What's the best (read: cheapest) way to ship all these? Thanks!

Dave
Dave.

When moving a load of base cards I sandwich them between two decoys and secure them into a team bag. I them tape the team bag to size around the cards so there is no slipping out of the decoys. I can stack 10-15 per team bag and throw two of those into a size-0 bubble mailer. It costs a touch more at the Post Office, but only a buck or two. If you are shipping a load (100+) then I would suggest placing them in a suitable card box and wrap that in crate paper. It can usually be shipped to the States as a small packet for under $10.00, and about $7.00-12.00 within Canada. I have used both of these methods many times and have never come across a complaint.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Randi
My original thought was secure stacks together using an absolute ton of cooking plastic wrap and using flat rate boxes. Dumb?
(02-27-2013, 10:40 AM)washjeff Wrote: [ -> ]My original thought was secure stacks together using an absolute ton of cooking plastic wrap and using flat rate boxes. Dumb?
I have shipped, within Canada, two thousand cards in a card storage box from LCS at a cost of $13.00. The cards in the box were securely enclosed in pieces of thin corregated cardboard cut to size.
(02-27-2013, 10:40 AM)washjeff Wrote: [ -> ]My original thought was secure stacks together using an absolute ton of cooking plastic wrap and using flat rate boxes. Dumb?
My bad... I thought that you were here in Canada. The flat-rate boxes are DEFINITELY your best bet! You can ship as much as you can stuff in there, so they are valuable in that sense. As for the plastic wrap... some might have an issue with that, especially if you used the stuff you wrapped last night's pizza in. They may enjoy the tasty aroma, but not on their cards. Make sure to use fresh stuff for that. Haha! I snag resealable bags at the Dollarama and pay $1.00 for a forty-count bag. They fit top-loaders perfectly and are friendlier than team-bags.

Randi
Mmmm...pizza cards
(02-27-2013, 11:39 AM)wickabee Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmm...pizza cards
Okay... maybe Tyson would like it... but most would not.

Randi