Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Topps customer service is the worst!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am hoping that I am not the only one, as bad as that sounds, that has had a terrible experience with Topps. I have been waiting on a redemption for 6 months now. After 4 months I was contacted and told I could receive a alternate card seeing as the one I was had was taking so long. Seeing as it was a 2012 Finest Jumbo relic auto parallel Bernard Pierce I decided on taking a replacement. Guess my replacement card has also not been signed.

2 more months have passed and no response from Topps. I have called for 2 straight weeks with only hold music and then the eventual hang up. I got no response from an email I sent to the Customer Service site, and nothing from a Facebook message sent to them either. It's not like this card holds tremendous value to me, but rather the inability to honor a promise that really offends me. Someone actually suggested filing a claim with the BBB and seeing if that did something. Anyone have any ideas, or had the same experience?
What a horrible story. I wish I could help you, but I steer far away from redemptions so I have no experience with them. It's horror stories like these that keeps me from picking any up. Hopefully, members here with more knowledge can help you out maybe. Redemptions suck...
I'm most likely in the same boat as you as I am waiting for a Bernard Pierce auto redemption card (same one as you I believe).

I also have 2 PC cards for Turbin that were redemptions that I'm waiting on, so this sucks hard.

I'd frankly send them a pissed off certified letter by mail to ensure that it's signed for by someone. Once you have that info, I'd go to the BBB and file a claim with them showing proof they have your letter and such.

Or dig deep into the internet and get some phone numbers.

OR just use Twitter. I just did..
They were doing decent a few months back but they have dropped off hard. Left countless voicemails, and even posted on Twitter. They posted back to direct message them my phone number and they would call right back. That was 2 weeks ago. I think BBB would get more done personally.

(02-26-2013, 04:47 PM)ndevoy Wrote: [ -> ]I am hoping that I am not the only one, as bad as that sounds, that has had a terrible experience with Topps. I have been waiting on a redemption for 6 months now. After 4 months I was contacted and told I could receive a alternate card seeing as the one I was had was taking so long. Seeing as it was a 2012 Finest Jumbo relic auto parallel Bernard Pierce I decided on taking a replacement. Guess my replacement card has also not been signed.

2 more months have passed and no response from Topps. I have called for 2 straight weeks with only hold music and then the eventual hang up. I got no response from an email I sent to the Customer Service site, and nothing from a Facebook message sent to them either. It's not like this card holds tremendous value to me, but rather the inability to honor a promise that really offends me. Someone actually suggested filing a claim with the BBB and seeing if that did something. Anyone have any ideas, or had the same experience?
Redemptions suck... Plain and simple... They really just need to get away from that crap... Absolute waste of time... I love how these primadonna athletes just can't get their $&@" together and sign the damn cards...
(02-26-2013, 04:47 PM)ndevoy Wrote: [ -> ]I am hoping that I am not the only one, as bad as that sounds, that has had a terrible experience with Topps. I have been waiting on a redemption for 6 months now. After 4 months I was contacted and told I could receive a alternate card seeing as the one I was had was taking so long. Seeing as it was a 2012 Finest Jumbo relic auto parallel Bernard Pierce I decided on taking a replacement. Guess my replacement card has also not been signed.

i just made a post about this exact card redemption, ive gotten an email from them about waiting or calling for a replacement. looking for advice.
Absolutely file a complaint at the BBB. I did that with Panini recently and I got a call a few days after and ended up getting a decent replacement. Hopefully you will have the same response from Topps.
Good luck.
crap...I've also been waiting on a Bernard Pierce so a while now, but i have gotten another Bernard Pierce (maybe i should be his #1 fan lol) with no problem time and condition wise
(02-26-2013, 08:39 PM)DesertFox24 Wrote: [ -> ]crap...I've also been waiting on a Bernard Pierce so a while now, but i have gotten another Bernard Pierce (maybe i should be his #1 fan lol) with no problem time and condition wise
Hey now I don't need any competition!

I've actually been trying to get my missing hits from 2 boxes of Topps Platinum since September 26th. I've spoken to several people over this time span and even talked to a lady there just yesterday. She told me my cards have been packaged up (for over 2 weeks now) but their new mailing computer system isn't working correctly which is why they are "waiting in the bin". Regardless of my situation, every person I've talked to has seemed pretty cool (I'm pretty chill myself which probably helps) and yes it still absolutely sucks my situation has taken this long (so far) but the only time I haven't been able to get through is on Friday's-same thing you experienced from what it sounds like. I have had to wait on hold for quite a while a couple times but I do get through. Their CS number is the one on their site 1-800-489-9149 and they close at 4:30pm EASTERN time. One of the problems is that their shipping facility is in a different state (Pennsylvania?) than their customer service location so they can't just go pick out your cards. They do have some cards there but they have to communicate with the shipping location to get a little fire lit under someone's...and that seems to be a nice way for things NOT to get done efficiently. Obviously a lot of the athletes are to blame too but that doesn't really help you out either. I've heard tweeting A LOT to them about your situation has had some good results from other members here. Other than that, I hope everything works out for you soon!
Pages: 1 2