Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How long do you wait on cold offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you send a cold offer to someone, ie they have a card listed that you want, so you start a trade without any prior communication, how long do you typically wait before you cancel the offer, assuming you've also sent msg's via the trade and the board?
i do around 4 days or so if they dont message you back.
I usually let it sit for a week or two. I don't send urgent offers so I'm in no hurry but I also understand that not everyone here is as passionate about trading as I am.
ill let it sit awhile. I get annoyed when I see they've logged in with no response though. at least decline it or say you're looking.
I give it a few days. I'm impatient. Smile It annoys me when people ask you to check their stuff and they just let the offer sit and sit and sit with no communication, the whole time posting on the boards. I've found (at least with me) its the same small handful of people who do this over and over again.
I usually wait 1 week or how long it takes for this page to load, whichever is longer.
It depends. There are a couple of people I've sent offers to that just don't post on the boards or only do so in VERY limited batches. If I see they haven't logged on in about a week, I figure they aren't around here all that often so I'll let it sit there for a week or two before I call it off.

However, if I'm working on a trade with someone, whether I send the trade or they send it, and they start threads afterwards looking to trade or are posting in other threads with the "check me please" type stuff and I hear nothing at all on our already pending trade, while the ball is in their court on the trade, I'll just cancel it after 3-4 days.

(02-25-2013, 01:36 PM)shivelycore Wrote: [ -> ]ill let it sit awhile. I get annoyed when I see they've logged in with no response though. at least decline it or say you're looking.
same thing i hate that if you dont want to trade just cancel dont leave me hangin.
I don't really trade, but I'd give it a week to a week and a half.
I've only sent offers to people who have logged in recently, and most of them show a login history since I've seen the offers. I'm not really in a rush, but I don't like the pending-no communication stuff taking up space on the trade list. I've been giving them 4-7 days as well. Glad I'm on par with the crowd.
Pages: 1 2